Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$110
US$91
  • Restaurant
The Vermont Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$103
US$85
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$72
  • Breakfast included
US$146
US$107
Sandman Newcastle
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$62
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$75
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$120
US$116
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$82
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
County Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$139
US$118
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$77
    All reviewswest jesmond metro stationosborne roadlimited car parkingfreeman hospitaljesmond areacity centrefew minutes walk awaysingle roomlots of bars and restaurantsquiet areabit datedfriendly hotelstayed here for two nightsfamily roomcouple of nightssmall roomlate check
    Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel whilst on business and expected better. Reception staff were fine , breakfast looked like it had all been deep fried , 1 person serving who struggled with only 4 sets of guests in the evening.. When I mentioned this to the receptionist , he said "oh we have been busy tonight".... What.. 4 sets of guests and over a dozen empty tables.. Really?? The hotel really needs updating, by that I mean the decor, the reception, the stairs are steep too. I stayed at the rear of the hotel and it was so noisy outside , the wind clattered the rear fire escape stairs most of the night and I got little sleep.
    I just expected so much more from a Best Western. Disappointed .

1  Thank redsofanfield
    Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

My recent stay at the Best Western Jesmond was decent enough, room was clean and comfortable which is all you can ask for when paying the price. Meals in the hotel both breakfast and dinners that I had were again were ok and value for the money.

The main negative I have about the hotel is the attitude of one of the members of staff who on the night I stayed was working on reception as well as behind the bar taking food and drink orders. I think his name is Chris...may well be wrong. This particular member of staff made everything seem an effort and made a song and dance about the kitchen being busy...this was no issue for me personally with the kitchen being busy and food being delayed but the way it was put across by this particular member of staff it was almost as if he was telling me to go eat somewhere else and that me ordering food was an inconvenience. The way he dealt with another customers complaint was very unprofessional "sorry about that" walked away to carry out one of his duties was as far as his efforts went, maybe he should've concentrated his energy and efforts sorting that customer out rather than making an event of telling me the kitchen was busy.

Il be back and stay here again I'd imagine, let's hope the drama queen doesn't take my food order the night the kitchen is busy.

Stayed: August 2016
    1  Thank suitcase89
    Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel on the whole is ok, a warm welcome, the room was a little on the small side for a double room. Some of the fixtures and fittings were a bit poor DIY quality with a look of 80's/90's recycling. The room itself was clean and the bathroom also. The breakfast was very good with an extensive choice of both continental and full English which was perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Very clean but very small and basic rooms. Staff friendly I found breakfast very expensive for size as I had room only booking I only had breakfast once in hotel. Ideal for bars on osbourne road very close by and metro

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I stayed there due to a business meeting nearby. I read several negative reviews and saw pictures which kind of sent alarm bells before my trip so I was prepared for what could be coming my way.

BW Diamond status sadly not recognised at check in.My room was probably recently refurbished because I couldn't fault it at all. Clean, tidy good enough for a couple of nights, good shower pressure, crispy towels and bed sheets.

The hotel is situated at a good location. Some unpleasant odour in the communal areas on the staircase noticed, but did not infiltrate the room.Huge contrast in decoration of the communal areas (dated) and rooms (modern). Didn't try the breakfast but tried the bar food and I was happy with it. Selection of beers could be better.

Parking is a bit hit and miss; if you are lucky to park at the front, by the entrance, then no probs. If you park at the rear though and you drive a large car, that can be a challenge and being in a residential area with allocated parking spaces you could be wondering aimlessly until you find a suitable spot to park, somewhere.

WiFi ok-ish; temperamental.

I would stay there again, although the parking issue would make me think twice.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business