Best Western New Kent Hotel
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$96
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$61
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$114
US$88
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$57
  • Pool
Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$47
  • Restaurant
The Vermont Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$84
US$81
US$82
US$66
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$24
Official Hotel Site
    Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$27/night.

Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
    US$72
    PremierInn.com
    • Restaurant
    All reviewswest jesmond metro stationbest westernsosborne roadlimited car parkingfreeman hospitaljesmond areacity centrefew minutes walk awaysingle roomquiet areaplenty of bars and restaurantsbit datedfriendly hotelstayed here for two nightscouple of nightssmall roomgood size
    Reviewed 5 October 2016

On the morning of !st Oct 2016 my wife and I decided we would spend the weekend in Newcastle. Trying to find a hotel at such short notice and at a reasonable price, was not easy but, we came across the New Kent whilst searching the net. They only had 2 or 3 rooms left but we made a booking for the night.

Being short notice we did not expect much but, what a pleasant surprise. The hotel is situated in a leafy suburb, a short walk to the Metro, with easy access too Newcastle centre. Pleasant friendly staff, clean comfortable room, car parking and a good breakfast. Would certainly stay again if visiting Newcastle

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel whilst on business and expected better. Reception staff were fine , breakfast looked like it had all been deep fried , 1 person serving who struggled with only 4 sets of guests in the evening.. When I mentioned this to the receptionist , he said "oh we have been busy tonight".... What.. 4 sets of guests and over a dozen empty tables.. Really?? The hotel really needs updating, by that I mean the decor, the reception, the stairs are steep too. I stayed at the rear of the hotel and it was so noisy outside , the wind clattered the rear fire escape stairs most of the night and I got little sleep.
    I just expected so much more from a Best Western. Disappointed .

1  Thank redsofanfield
    Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

My recent stay at the Best Western Jesmond was decent enough, room was clean and comfortable which is all you can ask for when paying the price. Meals in the hotel both breakfast and dinners that I had were again were ok and value for the money.

The main negative I have about the hotel is the attitude of one of the members of staff who on the night I stayed was working on reception as well as behind the bar taking food and drink orders. I think his name is Chris...may well be wrong. This particular member of staff made everything seem an effort and made a song and dance about the kitchen being busy...this was no issue for me personally with the kitchen being busy and food being delayed but the way it was put across by this particular member of staff it was almost as if he was telling me to go eat somewhere else and that me ordering food was an inconvenience. The way he dealt with another customers complaint was very unprofessional "sorry about that" walked away to carry out one of his duties was as far as his efforts went, maybe he should've concentrated his energy and efforts sorting that customer out rather than making an event of telling me the kitchen was busy.

Il be back and stay here again I'd imagine, let's hope the drama queen doesn't take my food order the night the kitchen is busy.

Stayed: August 2016
    1  Thank suitcase89
    Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel on the whole is ok, a warm welcome, the room was a little on the small side for a double room. Some of the fixtures and fittings were a bit poor DIY quality with a look of 80's/90's recycling. The room itself was clean and the bathroom also. The breakfast was very good with an extensive choice of both continental and full English which was perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Very clean but very small and basic rooms. Staff friendly I found breakfast very expensive for size as I had room only booking I only had breakfast once in hotel. Ideal for bars on osbourne road very close by and metro