Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$106
Hotels.comUS$106
PricelineUS$106
eDreamsUS$106
TravelocityUS$106
ZenHotels.comUS$113
2,043 results
All reviews gin bar the club lounge pillow spray jacuzzi and steam room train station spa facilities mini bar lovely hotel city centre afternoon tea car park good size coffee machine birthday treat bars and restaurants comfy bed stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

We arrived at 12 and were greeted by a miserable person, whose only language focused on telling us we couldn't check in until 3pm and couldn't use my IHG points because I booked through indeed... Anyway after her colleague told her our room was ready, we checked in...The room was good, buffet breakfast luke warm, and we couldn't get a swim due to children's swimming in the afternoon and morning. The parking was easy and plentiful. Hotel location is good and about 10 minutes walk to local pubs etc. They seemed short staffed hence the misery and luke warm food. Apart from that it was fine.

Room tip: Don't go in the summer holidays
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sicopeland
Reviewed 12 August 2021

My family and I arrived at the hotel at 16:00 on the 1st August, and when we attempted to check in, we we told our executive suite was not ready, and had to wait approx 30 mins. This was far from ideal after a 7hr drive with two 5 year old children.

When we got to our suite, things continued to get worse;

The complementary Nespresso’s were empty
The previous guests used capsules were left behind
The table in the executive suite was not cleaned, and covered with a stick substance
Lots of hair from the previous guest was found in the bath
A dirty spoon was found on the floor

Considering the numerous notices about enhanced cleaning and COVID-19 protocols that the IHG group undertake, I immediately returned to the front desk at 16:45, and spoke to a duty manager who would re-send housekeeping back to the suite to re-clean it.

My wife and I left the hotel, and headed out for dinner. We returned at 19:50, to find hair still in the bath, and the table in the executive suite still not cleaned. In the end we cleaned it ourselves, as we’d lost trust in housekeeping.

Unfortunately the lack of customer service did not stop there, as on the 2nd August at 09:52, whilst out on a day trip, I emailed the front desk requested a rollaway bed to be put in my suite. When we returned to the suite, the bed was not there, so I called the front desk, only to be hung up on the first time, and then told that housekeeping would get back to me.

Another hour passed, and I spoke to the front desk again, to be told the same thing, so we went out for dinner. We returned around 8pm, and the bed still not present, I returned to the front desk for a 3rd time. Eventually, the bed was delivered to my suite on the 3rd August, some 30 hours after being requested, and we missed the use of it for one night.

I would also like to highlight one of the front desk workers as having a very poor attitude towards customer experience, as every interaction I had was a struggle, and at no point did they make me feel like a valued customer, or address my concerns appropriately.

I have passed these comments onto the IHG and await their input.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back or side of the hotel (away from the road and station) as the street noise was excessive.
2  Thank AMG_DAD
Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

What an amazing time we had here. Firstly the afternoon tea was probably one of the best we have had yet and we’ve been to lots. Everything was so fresh and tasty and the bottomless coffees was a great touch, but the day was made for us by the superb Michelle who seen to our fussy needs. She was honestly one of the nicest, most pleasant and happiest servers we have ever come across. She made us feel so welcome, happy and actually made the day for us. She is such an asset to your company. Thank you, we will be back for sure.

2  Thank 951MichelleF
Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Really poor customer service throughout. The hotel was busy, which seemed to come as a huge surprise to management, as just about all the amenities failed to cope. I’ve stayed here before when it has been quiet and it was pretty good, as you would expect, but the leisure facilities, the breakfast and the room cleaning etc proved unfit for purpose this time round.

Room tip: Avoid when likely to be busy. Don’t pre-pay for breakfast as you will quite possibly end up eating elsewhere.
2  Thank jwright1313
Paul Borg, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Dear jwright1313 ,

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay , we are busy but our team are used to being full and always perform to the best they can , apologies if you did not find this to be the case .

Kind Regards

Andrew

Reviewed 11 August 2021

The lowest standard of cleanliness in any hotel I have ever stayed in and their website and welcome letter state there is enhanced cleaning protocols in place ! Rooms not cleaned or freshened once during a three day stay. No clean towels, linen or cups offered or given when requested. Bins in and around hotel not being emptied and overflowing, outside seating area strewn with rubbish.
Rude and unhelpful staff !

2  Thank G3963ELlisah

Dear G3963ELlisah,

Apologies you did not enjoy your stay , we always endevour to meet our guests expectations obviously we did not for your .

Sincere apologies