6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$110
Hotels.comUS$110
eDreamsUS$110
TravelocityUS$110
Orbitz.comUS$110
getaroom.comUS$124
2,045 results
All reviews gin bar the club lounge pillow spray jacuzzi and steam room train station spa facilities mini bar lovely hotel city centre afternoon tea car park good size coffee machine birthday treat bars and restaurants comfy bed stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021

I was here for one night on business. The room was comfortable (very comfy bed), good linen, good bathroom, etc. Sadly the restaurant was closed for an evening function so we couldn't eat there and had to eat in the bar. The menu was unimaginative, the food was very average, and there was a very limited choice. And I'm sorry to say that the tables weren't cleaned between guests - it was busy and I know there are staff shortages, but this is important even when we're not in Covid times. Breakfast was very busy and again, the food was only average.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2021

Held a half day conference in the Locomotion Suite.
Meetings & Events Manager, Mark, provided first class service.
The conference room was was presented with good amenities and the breakfast refreshments great!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Paul Borg, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2021

Many thanks for your review great to hear your conference was a success we look forward to seeing you soon .

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

Arrived for check in at approx 1445, this was swift and professionally done.
Fiona spent time advising me of the property features and thanked me for my continued loyalty to IHG.

I'll now categorise the rest of my review as there is a fair bit to write....

Reception
Prior to arriving I'd had cause to contact the property. Katie was helpful and is clearly a passionate member of the team. Keep it up. My thanks to Andrew also for giving attention to a certain matter.

Club lounge
Sally, where do I begin. You looked after my Aunt and I so very well. Its your service and kindness that has lead me to already book my next visit in March. Thank you.

Spa
Beautiful. A dedicated team and relaxing environment.
6 hours a day dedicated to children though is excessive and needs to be revised for sure. Aside from that, brilliant.

Bar
I used the bar 3 or 4 times. Whilst pleasant and reasonable with a decent drink selection it lacks leadership.
I say this as in each of my visits the team were all over the place and whilst trying their best it was neither busy or full on any of my visits.
Maybe ensure a team supervisor who has a can do attitude and would be happy to lead by example. Reception can demonstrate this for you.

Restaurant
Now, this is overall a good experience. Tasty food, good service super variety.
One little thing would be to please serve hot drinks and toast to the table. The rest I can grab no bother but those 2 items were problematic on the 3 days.

Summary is, this is a jewel in the IHG collection and its cemented itself as my go to property when this far up the country.
The team overall are lovely and I'm glad it's now on the path put of COVID-19.

KEEP IT UP guys and girls. See you in March, if not before.

Greg P

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank gregpile

Dear Greg P

many thanks for your review so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay , thank you so much for your great feedback which i have passed onto the relevant managers .

We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon .

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

Visited Newcastle from Edinburgh for my partners 50th birthday check in was easy & quick rooms r lovely spacious & comfy the bathrooms are very modern & all clean buffet breakfast was lovely would say there is defo something for everyone it was always well organised well stocked & clean hotel staff where lovely & pool /steam room was a lovely way to spend a rainy afternoon would defo recommend & will certainly return
Although the Covid restrictions had recently lifted in England there is still sanitizers & social distancing going on throughout the hotel & limited numbers in pool at 1 time which wasn’t ever a problem & has set times twice a day for kids
Great restaurant & gin bar
Also right across the road from the train station & car park next door you get discount if booking through the hotel
Rooms aren’t being cleaned everyday but the hotel are making you aware of this & that it’s due to staffing issues with the pandemic & telling guests that if you would like it done to just ask at reception they also have notices up making you aware but also had no problem stiff getting clean towels & bins where still emptied we were only there for 3 days so wasn’t really an issue defo will return

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharell B

Dear Sharell b ,

I hope you are well many thanks for your review great to hear you enjoyed your stay this feedback is vital to help us improve our service and standards .

We truly hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

A Modern Hotel nicely decorated and room a good size with a co.fortable bed. This stay was only let down on this occasion by the Breakfast + Service and a faulty door.
At fist we were greeted by a receptionist at check in who appeared to be reading from a short bulleted script.
We then went to our room which was spacious but the curtains and wall needed a clean. It looked like a stag/hen do had been throwing pizzas at the wall the night before and bits of remnant pizza were left.
We then headed out and returned later finishing the night with a drink in the comfortable bar before heading up to bed. However we had to return to reception as our door key card would not work. The receptionist attempted to reconfigure the card but it seemed like it was an inconvenience. We were told to try it and if it still did not work then use the phone on the 4th floor to let her know. Guess what it didnt and we had to phone for 2 members of staff to attend to re programme the door. At least we didn't spend all night in the corridor.
Anyway the bed was comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.
But and a big but the breakfast was a nightmare. Cold buffet breakfast, people put on occupied tables, no eggs, no juice as the delivery had not arrived. Limited choice, massive queue for the hot buffet. Just unorganised and underskilled staff. We had spoke to others who had stayed before and they were that disapointed the got up and walked out as quick as they sat down. Think Faulty Towers dining room scene.
I have however gave 3 due to the fact of Covid and there has been a terrible year for the industry and for training etc.

Room tip: Dont pay for breakfast find a bar/cafe nearby.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple