“The Perfect Sunday Roast Dinner”
Review of Old Thatch Tavern

Old Thatch Tavern
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Winners of the 2017 Best Pub Award in Coventry and Warwickshire. Thatched, low beamed and flag stone floor tavern. Dates from 1470 and has many original features. Log fires., Lovely leaded windows and a cosy atmosphere.
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Dropped into this cosy pub for a Sunday roast and was not disappointed! 12.50 for the full works, with lashings of gravy, a choice of meats and pigs in blankets too. Perfect.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Drinks pricing seems to made up on the spot - £7 for 2 pints of orange juice & lemonade. However later, we were charged £7.80 for 1.5 pints of orange juice & lemonade, the only difference being less lemonade and yet 80p more expensive.

Would not recommend, and definitely not coming here again. Can only assume they're trying to rip off tourists. We're not tourists, we work in Stratford and won't be recommending here to anyone!

1  Thank MegatronC
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My wife and I booked into The Old Thatch to celebrate my wife’s birthday,it was a Saturday evening and very busy so I was glad I had booked,space is limited but this adds to the atmosphere.We both enjoyed our meals,I had the rump steak and my wife had the lasagna bothe good home cooked meals complemented by a bottle of rose wine.We will definitely come back if we visit Stratford again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in with the idea of getting a steak but ended up not as the menu had too much British pub grub goodness to choose from.
Typical old fashioned thatched roof pub. Low ceilings and cosy atmosphere.

I bet this place is great in the evening and on cold winter nights.
Although not very big it serves it's purpose.
Staff were really nice and happy to help.
My partner had the fish and chips which came out on a cute fish shaped plate. They apologised that the fish didn't look very big so gave him an extra one to make up for it. Massive portion sizes really.
Thick steak cut chunky chips which were nice and crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.

I had the gammon egg and chips. Again really good portion sizes and good to perfection. Best meal i have had in a very long time.

Didn't have to wait too long for food to arrive either.

If you visit Stratford I think you should put this pub on your list of places to visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

One of the oldest pubs in Stratford upon Avon, chalk-full of memorabilia and a marvellous atmosphere depicting the style of the times. Highly recommended and almost historically enriching.