A very modern looking reception area that puts you immediately in the frame of mind you've hit gold, however this does not extend to the room which was tired. All clean and warm but little things just knocked down the rating - no lock on the bathroom door, spoons in tea set were stuck together and unwashed, sounds of cistern or running water went on all night - looking at the photo of the room used on tripadvisor suggests alot higher standard was available to what we had.
This overnight stay was all about a two day tourist smash and grab to experience some history and culture with my 10 year old. We picked up a night here with breakfast online for just £83 which is very competitive for the area and the location was perfect. Everything you want is within walking distance (sheep street for food, drink and tourist attractions, cross just 2 roads to get to the theater, 10 minutes walk for Shakespeare's pad, magic alley, MAD museum and the same distance in the other direction for the butterfly farm... please read my reviews on all).
Only things you need to consider:
* Do pay for the breakfast and plan ahead - being a get up and go family this was never in question but having got up and gone, Stratford simply doesn't open until 10am. A tasty full English and yogurt we were on the streets by 9am to find everything was shut. Except "the works". My advice is simple, have breakfast in the hotel and take your time eating it. Don't bother leaving until 9:45am!
* Parking your car is £3 - annoys me when hotels do this but they were happy for it to be a full 24 hours and we didn't collect our car until many hours after we checked out. And reading other reviews, guessing £3 is alot better than having to park down the road.
* As always, grab the leaflets in reception. The vouchers inside (and some simple web surfing) saved us a fortune at the tourist places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightfully elegant, Grade II listed, 3 Star Georgian Hotel with 73 bedrooms, centrally located in Stratford upon Avon, just 3 minutes walk from the RSC Theatre and all main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Grosvenor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford-Upon-Avon Best Western