1,625 results
All reviews q hotels spa treatments breakaway club swimming pool sauna and steam room evening meal leisure facilities sister hotel reception staff restaurant staff good size spa area lovely hotel short drive night break trouser press plenty of parking
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Our grandson treated my wife and I to a celebration dinner at Stratford Manor.
We were welcomed by enthusiastic young staff, showing us to our table and ensuring we were comfortable.

Often, the food in modern hotels is disappointing but not at this one. The choices on the menu were good and complemented by the “specials”. We were all able to select excellent starters - my mussels were excellent - and mains. My wife chose pork shoulder which was accompanied by sweet potato, my grandson, an enormous burger and I had a beautifully cooked and presented cod loin on mash and an outstanding ragout. The chef certainly excelled.

Throughout the staff were attentive without being intrusive or familiar. They are definitely a really good young team, well managed and directed by the restaurant manager.

I don’t often go to hotels for dinner, preferring to use individual restaurants but Stratford Manor will definitely be added to my list of places to eat around Stratford.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mikeymarlin
Joanne H, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear mikeymarlin,

Thank you for your recent review, really please to see you and your family enjoyed your dining experience with us and your kind words have been passed on to our chefs and restaurant team.

We take pride in offering a good variety of food on our menu and this is always accompanied by the specials and I am glad you all found something to suit left with a smile on your face.

Good to see you were well looked after by our team and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 February 2018

A friendly welcome upon arrival, the bedroom & onsuite was adequately equipped, however no safe in room. The breakfast is outstanding, particularly the selection of buffet style either hot or cold choices. We found this hotel to be cold, I has to request the air conditioning to be reset, the waiter suggested closing the double doors adjacent to the restaurant, that system didn’t work as everyone entering the dining area were leaving the doors open. The corridors were also cold, and although we were on the ground floor, there is no lift for lower ground or first floors etc it is only accessible by stairs. The bar area, next to the restaurant, we also felt was cold, it is all open plan so drafts were coming from all areas. We arrived on Friday evening and met up with two sets of friends, and therefore we booked a table for six in the dining restaurant. Our experience wasn't meet with the ratings of 4* hotel, 3 of us ordered pil pil prawns, which consisted of 6 frozen prawns, no taste whatsoever, prior to ordering this starter we asked the waitress how many prawns were served, she said 8. The soup which was advertised as broccoli was not broccoli and when mentioned to the waitress, she went and checked and came back to share it was potatoes soup. Two of us ordered steaks, the French fries were luke warm, so we called the waitress over and instead of taking both of the meals back to the kitchen, only the fries were taken, therefore by the time the fries returned, we had finished our meals. I did ask the waitress if I could see the manager and I had to ask again 15 to 20 minutes later to see someone. When the manager came over to the table, she apologised etc, and said that she would honour a desert, I didn’t want to make a scene, but two of us ordered rhubarb crepe brûlée, the rest of us didn’t want anything. There was no rhubarb in the crepe brûlée and again we brought this to the attention of the waitress. This reservation had been booked for a 30th anniversary, and it was so disappointing and for whilst two of the steak meals had been deducted, overall I do no think that is satisfactory, this hotel needs a manager to oversee the running of the restaurant. Why advertise on your menu food that your not delivering, and some dishes arriving Luke warm. I wouldn’t want someone to experience what we have, the restaurant is expensive for what it is offering and is more the quality of pub grub. We also asked if there were any complimentary crisps/ nuts in the bar area, when you are spending over £40 for a round of drinks, we were informed that they sell kettle crisps. Our friends didn’t receive any complementary bottle of wine/proscessco on celebrating their 30th anniversary, she was provided with a cocktail not of her choice mind, a cocktail that had been premade without asking what she and her husband would like. Her husband had clearly been excluded. He had made the point Upon booking that this was for their pearl wedding. Overall, all six of us can’t justify giving this hotel 4*. This was substandard with our overall experience.

Room tip: I personally would suggest if your used to four stars you could be disappointed
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Joanne H, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Clara0007, Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am pleased you found the breakfast enjoyable. Unfortunately we do not have safes in our bedrooms however we do offer a free service at reception where by you can pop your belongings in a security bag, tag it and have it locked in our safe. I would like to confirm that although the lifts do not access all of the bedrooms at Stratford Manor we do have lifts and we do also have accessible bedrooms.
I would like to offer my apologies that you found the hotel cold and that the food at dinner did not meet with your expectations. I have discussed your review with the Restaurant Manager who you did speak with during your stay, she is the Manager who oversees the running of the Restaurant and Bars. She is supported by an Operations Manager who has been in contact with one of your party today to discuss their stay with us.
Once again thank you for your review, and I am sorry for any disappointment caused.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Bit late in posting this review as we stayed here in September 2017. The girl on reception was extremely friendly, pleasant and professional. As we were staying a couple of days and based on her recommendation, we upgraded to a VIQ room. We booked for two nights but as we had a few days to spare before heading up north (and we liked the place), instead of checking out we asked to extend our stay. Same receptionist said no problem, plenty of rooms available for the week. Same deal on checking out again, we wanted to stay an extra night but this time the same receptionist said no rooms were available as a conference had been booked (I’m sure this didn’t just happen and she could have notified us well before). The hotel grounds and entrance are very pleasant and there is plenty of parking. Located a bit out of town but an easy drive or taxi trip away. We took a bus into Stratford one day and the stop is located just outside the main gate and the return drop off is just down the road a bit from the hotel entrance. Easy enough. Paid a little extra and booked a VIQ room. Our room was comfortable, but not overly impressed with the décor, the free Wi-Fi took ages to connect (if it did at all) and the mini-bar was not restocked everyday as promised. Even we complained, the fridge was still not restocked and quite obviously the Wi-Fi didn’t work very well because of the location of the room. Had dinner in the restaurant one night. I had the Dukesmoor steak with Portobello mushrooms. Only problem was there was only ONE mushroom. I can’t stand this!!!! If it’s advertised as mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes etc., then that’s how it should come. My wife had the Tandoori chicken and there was an issue with that as well. Our waitress however was the consummate professional. She could not do enough to make up for the mistakes made in the kitchen. I did write her name down for future reference but lost it in transit. Pity, because she did deserve a special mention because of her excellent customer service skills and attitude. She certainly was a credit to the hotel. If you didn’t want to drive into town for dinner, then you would have to eat here as there is nothing else around. Breakfast is the standard hotel fare, basic and edible. Like a number of other guests, I had a problem working out the toaster. Operational tips were passed on by each guest. Making toast should not be a hard task, but the lack of instructions can lead one standing around waiting for your toast to pop-up, then coming to the embarrassing realisation that you haven’t actually turned it on. Looking around the room you can see other guests looking at you and you know they are mentally sympathising with you and thinking “yeah, I got caught too”. Most noticeable at breakfast was the young waiter walking around with his hands in his pockets. I think he must have been a new employee, but it certainly was not a good image to portray (none of the other staff seemed to mind this though). However, to be absolutely fair, overall we did enjoy our stay despite having some problems, which in the overall scheme of things were relatively minor. If we did not experience these issues than I would have had no hesitation in giving this hotel a five star rating. I recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear TonyA,
Thank you for your review regarding your stay almost 6 months ago. Your comments have all been noted and changes will be made if necessary. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the struggle to make toast and I will certainly check the current menu for plurals that are in fact singles, I do not want to mislead people and this was a silly mistake to have made.
Once again thank you, and I hope that you will return to Q hotels in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Stayed here for three nights between Christmas and New Year. Lovely spacious rooms, with clean spacious bathrooms. Breakfast was wonderful and the hotel staff were helpful and obliging. The bus stop is at the end of the drive way which is very convenient if you don't have a car. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you Iris J for your short and to the point review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your festive break.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I stayed here with the wife on a two night spa break, The hotel is what you would expect from a four star hotel, nice clean rooms with everything you need. We had a three course meal on the first night and the food was very good. The Spa experience was briliant and the girls were very proffesional. The thing that stood out for Me was how friendly all the staff were from the minute you entered at reception to the bar staff, cleaners and spa workers. We had a lovely time and hope to come back in the summer as Stratford town centre is only 5 minutes away in the car.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeff l
Joanne H, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Jeff, Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I am so pleased that you noticed the friendly team here, they really are a pleasure to work with too. I have shared your comments with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the summer.
Best regards Joanne