Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$76
eDreamsUS$70
Agoda.comUS$76
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
Vio.com
All reviews piping hot a ground floor room would stay again evening meal buffet style full english stayed for one night yogurt comfy bed town centre breakfast was excellent tea and coffee carvery stratford pub ales annex
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2022

We recently stayed at the New Inn and were very impressed. It’s an ideal location, just a couple of miles outside of Stratford but very easy to get to all the main local attractions. The rooms were great- very clean and well equipped and the food was excellent. What really made the stay though was the staff. They could not do enough to help, nothing was too much trouble and they were all excellent fun. We’ll definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 August 2022

If you're looking for a quiet place to stay away from the hubbub of busy Stratford, with free and easy parking, and excellent home cooked food, then we recommend you stay at the New Inn. All of the staff were welcoming and attentive and the rooms were clean with comfortable beds. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed 16 August 2022 via mobile

We had room 9 which is possibly the smallest room I've ever stayed in but it was spotlessly clean and had all we needed for a couple of nights, even the lack of room for a wardrobe had been creatively overcome.
Although we were staying above a pub the only noise we heard was a TV being played a little too loudly @ 6am and a couple of men talking outside but as this was during the heatwave all the windows were open so that may account for it. An electric fan would have been appreciated but we slept quite well.
We had dinner on the Saturday when we arrived and it was delicious, everything is made on the premises and the servings are for hearty appetites!!
Breakfast is included and the full English on Sunday was self service.
Sunday lunch was a carvery so self service with a choice of 3 meats and plenty of vegetables. Be warned that the carvery is on all day, just in case you don't want it twice.
Monday breakfast is waitress service and full English comes in 2 sizes which was good.
The staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for us, a definite credit to their employer.
We would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2022

Stayed here for a few days while visiting Stratford On Avon, the hotel isn't anywhere near Stratford and is almost impossible to get to on foot. I tried once and it took around an hour and it was a tretcherous walk along a very busy main road with no pavement, doable but not easy or convenient location-wise.
The Hotel itself is very good, looks like it's recently been redecorated, nice clean plain walls, decent curtains and blinds in the room. My only niggle with the room was how thin the walls were, I could hear every noise in the room next door, which didn't disturb me much at all but it made me paranoid that if I could hear them go to the toilet, they could hear me!

I stayed in one of the rooms outside, which has it's own seperate entrance, which was nice, and there was a lovely "secret garden" available to the rooms, with seating and plants, a little overgrown but that didn't spoil the peaceful sit down in the sunshine.

the bar is good enough, nice range of drinks and pleasant friendly staff.

Only ate in the restaurant one evening (had ham and egg with triple-cooked chips) was good food with good service, bit filling though (but most won't see that as a bad thing).

I really enjoyed the breakfasts here, it was self-serve buffet style and had a nice range of all the usual cooked-english breakfast items as well as some fruit and yogurts in a chiller and a selection of cereals and some pastries too. Choices of fruit juices in jugs as well as amazing fresh coffee in a pot to help yourself to (tea is available upon request, as is porridge and kippers and other options too). I tried something different every breakfast and it was something i looked forward to every day.

not sure i'd stay here again, purely because of the remote location (there is NOTHING nearby besides a few houses behind the hotel and a garden centre about a mile up the road), the lack of pavement means that you are stranded at the hotel if you don't drive really. This didn't spoil my stay one bit though, I'm just including it in this review so that others are aware of the situation.

location 1/10
facilities 8/10
staff 9/10
welcome 10/10
food (evening) 8/10
breakfast buffet 11/10!
drinks 8/10 (no real ales that I loved, but had nice range of other drinks that i enjoyed)
room 7/10

Room tip: ask for a room outside, not one above the bar, you get a larger room and your own private entrance.
Reviewed 14 August 2022 via mobile

What a great place to stay as a base to explore Stratford upon Avon the rooms are clean and well appointed with everything you need. The only downside for us and in fairness to the hotel we didn’t ask for a ground floor room was the stairs at steep but that’s how they were built back in the day. The breakfast was good and plenty full we would stay again if we were in the area

Trip type: Travelled as a couple