“Fantastic”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2018

My partner and I went on the lunchtime cruise.

A warm welcome as we boarded and by the 2 young ladies who served us. Food and drinks were lovely, the food which comes out of such a small kitchen on board is fantastic a credit to the chef. Nothing was too much trouble.

I have done this cruise on several occasions over the years and it just gets better and better every time.

Only down side is that the table are too close to each other, not easy to get in or out of your seat, smaller chairs might help

Cant wait to do this cruise again

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an evening meal on this boat. It was a wonderful experience from the first welcome to leaving at the end of the night. Sabrina the waitress was very attentive, friendly and served quickly. The food was extremely good. Of course the menu is limited, but it was delicious and generous portions. The boat was warm, comfortable, gentle music and a lovely ambience for an intimate meal. It was a lovely cruise along the water. We cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. It was a delightful way to end our day. Thank you to all the staff for giving us such a memorable night.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

A group of 8 of us came here for the 7.30pm saturday cruise and meal.
All of our group said how good the food was and tasty too.The cruise was very relaxing and well worth the money.There is ample room on the boat.The hardest thing is getting onto the boat if you are tall or frail.But apart from that would recommend this cruise.We would like to go on a afternoon cruise in the summer aswell.

2  Thank paulrN6057MT
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We enjoyed Christmas dinner on this lovely floating restaurant! From the moment that we climbed on board, the staff were welcoming, friendly and couldn't do enough to ensure that it was a special occasion.
The trip down the river, through three locks was really chilled and quite beautiful! During the cruise, the generator lost power for a few seconds, but this just added to the magic and ambience of the Countess!
Prosecco was generously supplied to happy guests and the bar prices were really reasonable!
Now, the food...what can I say? It was exceptional! I have to confess to being a little dubious about what could be cooked in such a small kitchen, but it was faultless! Really high quality,tasty food that was on par with a top quality restaurant! Actually, the Countess is a top quality restaurant with the added bonus of a leisurely cruise down the river!
I would highly recommend this place for a romantic meal, a family get together or a special event!
Fantastic food, fantastic waitresses and fantastic crew! We will return!
Thank you to all on board!

1  Thank Sian C
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I was very much looking forward to this evening but left very disappointed. As it was a fairly expensive meal I was expecting a special experience. Unfortunately it was not. The food itself was of good ( but not high) quality, but the boat was very cold throughout the whole evening (virtually everyone had to sit with thick jumpers or coats on) and this spoilt everything for me. Service was also quite slow. We were asked about five times during the evening whether we wanted more drinks- it was unneccessary and irritating. Others should also note that the seating is very cramped so may not be suitable for tall people. I'm short but still felt rather squashed in between others.

3  Thank JVBKenilworth