“Attractive spot for a tea break”

Thomas Oken Tea Rooms
Ranked #4 of 142 Restaurants in Warwick
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A quintessential English tea rooms in a beautiful tudor house set against the wall of Warwick Castle
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We called in here after a walk around Warwick on Sunday for a late morning tea break. We managed to secure a table for the 5 of us outside in the sun, in front of the lovely historic building down a quiet side street, Service seemed slightly scatty - the table we took over was covered in the last guests' debris, and when we asked if it could be moved, the waitress suggested we move to another table at the far side of the square which only had 2 chairs! We also seemed to wait for a very long time for our order to come out, at least 20 minutes, when we had only ordered drinks. One of our party was actually half way to the door to chase up in case the order had been lost, when the girl came out with our tray. However the vintage china was a nice touch and the wide ranging drinks menu meant we could make interesting choices, so perhaps that slowed things down. My hot chocolate with marshmallows was lovely when it came.
Thankfully we weren't in a big rush but I wouldn't recommend calling in here for a quick snack or drink!

Reviewed 4 July 2016

We dropped in the Oken tea Rooms to escape the rain and to have lunch/snacks. My Ploughman’s Platter was OK, but my husband ordered Stake and Ale pie, the middle of which was still frozen!
And the toilet is a disaster, I just looked in and turned out, it is unbelievably dirty....

Reviewed 30 June 2016

My second visit here and yet another great experience. This place is quirky, lovely old building, great location in the town.
Great menu and plenty to choose from.
Everything is fresh and home made, super tasty!!
Loving the vintage crockery, it adds that extra special touch.
I will definitely visit again and highly recommend to everybody.
Loving the small shop downstairs too.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

The delightful owner and girls served us delicious chai tea and refilled coffee .. together with warm decadent chocolate brownies. No wonder it's packed.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We celebrated Thanksgiving at the Tea Rooms with three generations of my family. Everyone loved it. It is full of charm and character, plus the food is amazing! It is a great value for a full afternoon tea.