“Incredible pizza”

Ristorante Caffe' Gustami
Ranked #19 of 2,405 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I work about 1 mile from this place so when working a late shift I often pop down to pick up a takeaway pizza, much cheaper than standard chain pizza takeaways, and I have to say - possibly the best pizza I've had in the UK! Will continue using this place as long as i work where i do

1  Thank Greg C

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love this place. We take everyone here when they come to stay. I agree it is a diamond in the rough but very harsh of someone to say that you don't stop at red lights!!! We live in this area so that's pretty offensive and judgemental. Don't let that put you off. The food is all delicious and so reasonably priced. Their homemade pasta is a delight and I have eaten A LOT of calamari in my time but theirs is the best! The staff are friendly and I seriously don't know how they manage to cook and serve and have time to be attentive! It's impressive! I know what people mean by it being basic but that's part of its charm for us. It's cute and the food is fab! What else do people want? The music is lovely too. Not many places play classical music so it created a lovely atmosphere but it's quiet so a lot of people probably don't even notice! On my birthday, we really enjoyed the massive plate of desserts. I don't know what they all were but I loved them all! I'd like to try the sweet pizza next time! :)

3  Thank ERT63
Reviewed 23 March 2018

decided to try here following reviews. We went early as this is the part of town where if you hit a red light you lock your car door.Nothing special from outside, but food excellent and such a reasonable price. We have vowed to go again to work our way through the menu.

1  Thank taffngill
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this place, being in the area and in need of lunch. Trip advisor reviews where good so we gave it a go. Very pleased we did. The restaurant is basic and the menu was simple, but the food was delicious. The focaccia breads were so good we took a few home for tea. The chef is a star, so if you get chance say hello. You can tell he has a passion for food, this radiates from him and he is obviously pleased to see his customers enjoying the food and leaving well feed and happy. Hopefully will get to re visit and try some more of the menu.

1  Thank 396richardo
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

...but this is a wonderful place.
Thank goodness that foolish people (who don’t know their antipasto from their espresso) who give this place a poor review won’t be coming back.
If you want an authentic Italian experience, visit and you will not be disappointed.
If you want Pizza Express, just go to Pizza Express.