“Gin experience”
Review of The Gin Vault

The Gin Vault
Ranked #381 of 2,380 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here last night fir the gin experience. Wasn’t sure what to expect as doesn’t look like much from the outside but upon entering it was a really cosy quirky bar with a great atmosphere. The gin experience was well worth the £25 and I’ll definitely be back to explore the 200 gins they have on offer!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a quirky and relaxing venue. Manager very attentive to detail. The gin experience is a must to share. We had a meat/cheese platter which went well with the alcohol. Love the decor. Refreshing & different. Can’t wait to visit again!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the fantastic gin experience last night! Great choice of gins, delicious tapas, wonderful atmosphere and friendly staff. I would highly recommend and will definitely to returning.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

What a sweet little place right on the canals of Birmingham city centre. We popped into this delightful bar on a Friday evening and was pleasantly surprised. It is very quaint and romantic . There is a choice of over 200 types of gin ! I am a gin beginner but the staff were very knowledgable and selected a wonderful gin cocktail for both me and my fiancé , followed by a delicious rhubarb and custard gin and fevertree tonic . The live music was brilliant as was the atmosphere. A real treasure ! I will definitely visit again to try the tapas too . Big thumbs up

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I was visiting my son and daughter in law in Birmingham last weekend, whilst having a tour of the city we called in here, initial reaction I loved it! It was midday, nice and quiet and we had a table in the window and me and Laura had 2 gins each and my son a pint. The gins were beautiful and the ambience lovely we wandered a bit further and decided to call on the way back for more gins and some tapas we had seen advertised. It was busier and there was a pleasant atmosphere. I waited about 10 mins before someone could serve me which was fine, I could see they were busy. We had my mum with us who by now who wanted a coffee but the barman advised, rather rudely, that they didn’t do hot drinks. The staff were busy and seemed stressed and disorganised this time round. I ordered drinks and food, a 6 piece tapas. We enjoyed the atmosphere and ordered another round of drinks whilst waiting on the food. Over an hour later I questioned where our order was, there was some kind of argument between 2 barmen and a mumbled apology. Food then arrived but it wasn’t our order. I handed it back and explained that time was getting on for our parking ticket and we had to leave and asked for a refund on the food. This was given with no problem.

A great venue but could be more organised. Table service, which seems possible with the amount of staff on, would make it 5 star

Matt S, General Manager at The Gin Vault, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Hi Jackie
Could you please email us on theginvault@hotmail.com as I would like to ask for some more feedback off you if possible please.