“Excellent Indian food with a gin twist”
Review of Tamatanga

Tamatanga
Ranked #84 of 2,443 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Description: Eat.drink.indian. Fun, Funky, Casual, Sociable, Great Value, Great Food, Great Atmosphere. You Just Can't Go Wrong! #tamatanga #eatdrinkindian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for some Indian food, and was surprised by the modern twist. Firstly there's a comprehensive gin bar offering almost endless combinations of the G&T. The food is excellent quality with an adequate spice level, and definitely superior to the average Indian restaurant in a western country.

1  Thank Vincent I

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having been here 4 ir 5 times now, this our new favourite Indian restaurant- and with so many on offer in Brum, that’s really saying something.
The food tastes fresh and all of the curries are so different in flavour. The thalis are great value- we shared two large thalis between 4 people for lunch and there was plenty.
The restaurant is clean, colourful and feels spacious. The street food vibe is fun, but at the end of the day, the food speaks for itself.
Service has been faultless on every visit, even when it’s been busier.
Just one word of warning- if you book, don’t be late as they only keep your table for around 10 mins if it’s busy- but I can’t blame them for that.
Highly recommend if you’re arriving into New Street- much nicer than anything in Grand Central.

1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited tamatanga last week with my friends as we walked in the atmosphere was very welcoming was greeted by the manager and sat on on of their booths. When seated we were greeted by our server, Eila who was amazing, helpful and went above and beyond to ensure that we were happy. I would have to say one of the best customer service I’ve had so far during my stay in Birmingham.
I had the veggie heaven with the peshwari naan which tasted heavenly for sure. All in all the food was great but the service was phenomenal and would definitely recommend because of the service given by eila!!

1  Thank jennamoone12
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I love a butter chicken I’ve had it in many restaurants in the UK and India and this one was great, my partner had the railway lamb that packed a punch a rich sauce full of flavour.

We had trouble choosing a starter as they all sounded so good but chaat bombs were delicious

The cocktails were 2for1 so we had them as well, excellent and came quickly. The Masala Soda and Tama Shandy come in little carafes so you get more than a glassful and can share if you can bear to!

2  Thank francesm624
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited thisrestaurant on the 17th of June 2018 with my family as a friend of mine had invited us after Eid for a dinner.

It is a good and spacious Indian style restaurant, located at a central place in Birmingham, good seating, music and ambience.

The food that we ordered was Indian served in a big dish with several choices to eat from vegetable, curry, lentils and salad, kit to forget with Nans though there were other choices that you can choose.

Also the chicken and mutton biryani was good. Service was particularly good and staff and waiters were all smiles.

My family enjoyed their evening at this restaurant.

1  Thank Shoaib A