Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 04/08/21
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
Destinia.com
US$61
Hotels.comUS$83
PricelineUS$83
Trip.comUS$83
3,117 results
All reviews an early flight birmingham airport terminal building departure lounge pre flight stay close to the airport car park next morning executive room overnight stay family room quick check short stay train station night's sleep ideal location one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for 5 nights whilst attending a conference nearby. Only minor glitch was slow service in the restaurant on one night, but the staff apologised. Room was very clean and modern, bed extremely comfortable, and the facitilies provided were excellent. All the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts and dinners were of a high quality.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
David Terron, Other at Novotel Birmingham Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Steve R,

Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback.

Please allow me to apologise if at any moment the service was slow. Certainly it is difficult to manage the flow of guests at the moment but we are working hard to ensure the service does not get impacted.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback, I am glad to see that overall you had a good stay despite the slow service and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2021

It’s been a good number of years since I was last at the Novotel at Birmingham airport and with my regular airport hotel closed I opted to stay at the Novotel again, intrigued to see what it was like now.

The answer is very good, but with a few little niggles. On the good side my executive room was modern and clean, the bed was very comfortable (on the firm side which is my preference). The TV is huge (albeit with a frustrating interface) and the room has plenty of USB points and enough regular power points.

The design of bathroom was new on me with the toilet almost in its own segregated area allowing access to the sink and mirror for someone else. The lighting here was good with plenty of light available. The shower was possibly the best hotel shower I’ve ever used.

Add to all this the entrance to the hotel is literally a few steps away from the airport.

The hotel offers an in room breakfast as an option on the website and this particularly appealed to me so I pre-booked this. After check in I enquired at reception about this I was given some forms to complete, but it felt a little like I was being persuaded to have breakfast in the restaurant instead, but went ahead with the in room option and gave a time for this. Next morning 15 minutes after the agreed time we had to call reception to get breakfast delivered as we hadn’t heard anything (it was very nice when it arrived but note the breakfast is cold options only).

The first night of our stay we ordered room service, with the current situation there are understandably no menus in room, but there I found a menu online on the Novotel website, which turned out to be out of date which was a little frustrating. The food arrived pretty quickly and was extremely good.

Another change because of the current climate is to remove cups and drinks from rooms. These can be picked up at reception, I wish I’d known this as I checked in as being thirsty on arrival I ended up going straight back down to pick up cups and tea bags.

For various reasons we needed to use the in room phone during the stay which was hard work as the line was always so bad which made life difficult.

All in all a great stay with just a few niggles that wouldn’t stop me from coming back.

Date of stay: June 2021
David Terron, Other at Novotel Birmingham Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear adhast,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Birmingham Airport.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Indeed there are few things, specially around food that unfortunately has varied from our usual standards but that hopefully we will be able to put it back very soon.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2021

I originally booked through booking.com for the ibis. They charged me twice. Phoned up and it was all sorted they then cancelled my original room and booked me one through the hotel so it was even cheeper. When we got to the ibis there was a note on the door saying all guests are moved to the Novotel. Little shocked but just round the corner speedy check in and went to our room. Room was lovely. Breakfast was lovely; I prefer buffet style to help ourselves but due to COVID I completely understand. It was clean and spaced out. Would deffo recommend. The airport parking was discounted form £42 to £12 as we stayed in the hotel which was an even bigger Bonus!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David Terron, Other at Novotel Birmingham Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2021

Dear Sarahnaomi123,

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback!

We are glad to see you had such a good experience during your stay with us. Certainly there are some aspects that due to COVID we had to change and one of it is the buffet breakfast. Hopefully we can go back to normal soon.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2021 via mobile

I stayed last night at the Birmingham Airport Novotel after our flight was cancelled.
We were warmly greeted upon arrival and put at ease after an exhausting seven hours at airport.
I would like to particular like to commend Raynard on his hospitality and service in the restaurant and also the receptionist who was on evening 7/6/21. He did his very best to entertain everyone from my flight in the restaurant. The food was very nice and thoroughly enjoyed the full English breakfast.
The room was very respectable and clean and bed was fit for a king. Thanks again for our pleasant stay. Daniel Sun

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback!

It was our pleasure to put you at easy during your flight cancellation at Birmingham Airport.

Certainly your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2021

We stayed in the Novotel prior to an early morning check in. We were really impressed by the hotel and the value for money. The rooms are fresh and modern and quiet despite their very close proximity to the airport. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. I would definitely choose to stay here again if travelling from Birmingham airport, or if attending an event at the NEC.

Date of stay: May 2021
David Terron, Other at Novotel Birmingham Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Dear gemmal440,

Thank you very much for your amazing review!

We will be looking forward to welcome you back next time you are in the area.