Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
Booking.comUS$97
eDreamsUS$97
TravelocityUS$107
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2019 via mobile

If you want a cheap ish night away and your not bothered about the room then stay here.

The rooms were overall clean, but very dated and need of a refurb. The hall says were filthy and very old, the carpet needed a good scrub and TLC.

The night porter was very polite, the day time staff not so! They watched me struggle to bring in numerous bags and boxes, I made 6 trips to the car and not once even offered to hold the door open.

Breakfast was very basic buy decent and fresh.

I do think the prices should be lowered for what's on offer unless you refurb the rooms.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 33-Twiggy-33
GBHotelBirmingham, Manager at The Great Barr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2019

Thank you for staying at the Great Barr Hotel and for your review. I was sorry to read that you were unhappy with certain aspects of the stay and I will be speaking to the departments concerned.

Reviewed 31 July 2019

Stayed for a couple of days in April this year. Wifi signal was appayling spent first night in the lobby to be able to use it and the next day they had a rig a booster to my room so i could at least sit in th privacy of my own room to use wifi. I am disabled so a lot of my word is on the internet and i chose this hotel specifically for that reason. I looked out of the windo and was treated to a view of empty cigarette boxes, stubbs, even a pair of underpants, condom wrappers. Pretty nasty to see. need someone to keep an eye on that. one a week would keep it down at least. I recoiled at the sight. But staff were very very pleasant, peaceful place to stay, right by a main dual carriageway but u would never know , all I heard was birdsong. Breakfast was great and the hotel itself inside was kept clean. So thumbs up on the whole....just with some nasty niggles that left it shy of a great stay.

Room tip: Make sure u ask to avoid rooms 209-217 there or there abouts if u want to use the hotel Wifi
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
GBHotelBirmingham, Manager at The Great Barr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2019

Thank you for staying at the Great Barr Hotel and for your review. Since you stayed in April the WiFi has been improved and the ground maintenance is a lot better. Glad you were happy overall with your stay.

Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

Decided to give this hotel a try as it looked decent. Overall, I was disappointed and would stay at branded/nationwide hotel chain nearby next time.

The check in was a bit lacklustre with the receptionist more interested in finishing her conversation than anything else.

The decor throughout looked a bit tired. I booked a superior king room but wish I hadn’t bothered. The bed was nothing more than two singles linked together. One was very soft and one much harder plus there was a gap in the middle (as separate beds) so ended up sleeping in essentially a single bed.

The toilet hadn’t been flushed when I arrived and was yellow from last occupant. I was also looking forward to a bath as the website advertises a deep bath. Unfortunately there was only a shower which was disappointing.

Overall the cleanliness was ok, the WiFi wasn’t bad and the location good. The rooms get very hot but no fans or air con so I ended up sleeping with windows open. Also, curtains are not blackout as advertised.

For me, this is more a budget hotel which would benefit from some love and attention. Not for me.

Date of stay: July 2019
GBHotelBirmingham, Manager at The Great Barr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2019

Thank you for staying at the Great Barr Hotel and for your review. I was sorry to read that you had a few concerns which I will investigate and in particular discuss with housekeeping.

Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

Well where shall I start
Couldn’t really find this place as it’s off the the beaten track... but when I did I was so pleased.
Lovely staff especially Holly! She made all the difference to my stay, I missed breakfast by few minutes abd I am diabetic Holly was a life saver literally I will never forget her kindness.
Good setting spacious safe car park

I did have an unfortunate accident with furniture but Holly was happy to help

Lovely clean room and well stocked bathroom, real glasses in bathroom and Dove shower gel in shower, result

Will defo be going again I booked the superior room

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ashadoor
GBHotelBirmingham, Manager at The Great Barr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2019

Thank you for staying at the Great Barr Hotel and for your comments. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and that Holly looked after you. I will certainly pass your comments on to her.

Kind Regards

Ian Taylor

Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

There were some not so good reviews so I was reticent but it was just a lovely stay, the room was a family room so had a settee area we had a nice view from the windows, beaut bathroom, and.....could adjust height of shower! Reception staff really helpful and friendly, breakfast beautiful, buffet style options of cold and hot etc, again staff helpful, would return no question.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
GBHotelBirmingham, Manager at The Great Barr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2019

Thank you for choosing the Great Barr Hotel and for your comments. It was nice to read that everything was to your satisfaction and that the staff were helpful and friendly. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Kind Regards