“Brilliant Porterhouse Steaks”

Ranked #33 of 2,344 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: Situated on St Paul���s Church square, Anderson���s Bar and Grill is found in the interesting surroundings of former 18th century cellars. However this restaurant is as far from a dingy basement bar as it is possible to be ��� lush, sophisticated d��cor brings light and space to the brick arched room, changing displays of art is displayed on the walls and there���s a definite buzz to the atmosphere. With a dedication to providing great value food in a relaxed setting along with top quality service, Anderson���s Bar and Grill is already making its mark on the local dining scene. The food, sourced locally is ��� of course ��� hearty grill fayre but presented with a touch of class so even old favourites such as Barnsley chop or grilled plaice are actually rather special.
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Went for a special occasion and two of us decided to have the recommend Porterhouse Steak, which was phenomenal. Cooked to perfection.
One of our party was a vegetarian and they were catered for reasonably well, another had not had steak before and left wanting more.

Highly recommended and I will be returning!

2  Thank thewithers1

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Have visted this restaurant a few times over the years - usually does good steaks. On this occasion I particularly asked for no extra salt to be added to my food as I am trying to cut down on salt intake - told both waitresses only to be given a lovely steak - but very definitely covered in salt or a salty spice. Shame - my brother was paying and I did not wish to complain. Otherwise it was good if slightly expensive meal out.

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Had a lovely meal with my husband for my birthday.
Service was excellent and excellent choice of recommendations of wine and food.
I had the bone marrow starter and OH had salmon which were both really good and tasty. Both had steaks for dinner, both cooked to perfection. We would visit again, well worth a visit.

2  Thank Angela T
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Came here for my boyfriends 25th birthday. Easy to find on the edge of St Paul square.
Lovely atmosphere as soon as you enter...very attentive bar staff.
Got the best table in the resturant without even requesting it...small booth which was perfect for a quiet romantic meal! Had bread and starters of pork belly and salmon both of which were delicious. Mains we ordered 2 steaks off the speciality dishs with crushed potatoes,chips and onion rings. The steak was truly amazing.. the best steak I think i have ever tasted...it was so nice. I would highly recommend this resturant for a special occasion or even just as a treat prices very reasonable for such a nice place. Gorgeous setting.. wonderful staff and top quality food. The waitress overheard that it was my bf birthday and brought out a suprise dessert with a candle and a birthday message. 10/10 will definitely be back!

1  Thank Micha T
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

I booked a table to celebrate husbands birthday as he loves his steaks.
And what a delight it was!!
I ordered the 6 oz fillet and Hubby ordered the sirloin, with chips, seasonal veg and extra side of buttered spinach. We shared a chocolate orange brownie dessert.
The steak was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The whole meal was delicious and one of the best steaks I have ever had.

Service was efficient, good and non imposing.

Lovely setting, relaxing.