“Late afternoon meal for two”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill Birmingham
Ranked #1,023 of 2,528 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$23 - US$95
Cuisines: Diner, Steakhouse
Good for: View details
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: This skyline Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Birmingham is located at the top of The Cube building in the Mailbox district. First impressions are spectacular as you enter the restaurant and experience 360 degree panoramic views overlooking the city
Reviewed 30 November 2021

Great location. Attentive service from Erin, had a window seat to enjoy the evening views over City; and enjoyed the food. Wife's steak cooked correctly and was tender, my chicken was good, not overcooked and tasty. We used a voucher so Table d'hote menu - food not quite fine dining, but the price wasn't either! Will come again.

Date of visit: November 2021
Lee Goodman, Owner at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of our restaurant, we are delighted you enjoyed your visit to us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a reviewReviews (7,173)

Reviewed 30 November 2021 via mobile

Absolutely loved it! Had a brilliant birthday meal here with my parents and girlfriend. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable. The setting is stunning and the music made for a great ambience. Would highly recommend!

Date of visit: November 2021

Thank you for your review of our restaurant, we are delighted you enjoyed your visit to us for you special occasion. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2021

Had high expectations but these were dashed as soon as we sat down.

I informed the greeter when we arrived that I was Coeliac and she said that it would not be a problem as most dishes could be adapted to accommodate my needs. She said just tell the waiter.

We sat down and were given the menus and I informed the waiter that I was Coeliac and he did no more than bring me back the 'Allergen Book' for me to trawl through to see which dishes I could eat. You don't expect this level of service when you are paying top end prices. This is not a complaint about our waiter - he has obviously not been trained properly about which dishes contain Gluten.

We were also told as we sat down, that we would have to vacate the table in 2 hours. This would not have been a problem but unfortunately we had to wait 1 hr 50 mins to receive our main course!!! We didn't have time to have a dessert because we had a train to catch.

Overall, a very disappointing and expensive night. We will not be returning to this venue.

1  Thank jantalbot

Thank you for your review, please accept my apologies that you found your visit not to your expectations, all of our staff have allergens training, however thank you for your comments and I will look into this with our staff. I will also pick up your comments with our Head Chef in terms of timings of your main course. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future .

Reviewed 25 November 2021

A very disappointing experience. We have eaten here twice before but this time will be our last visit. Informed staff I was gluten free on arrival, waitress seemed to have no idea what on the menu was GF. Offered me the 'allergen matrix' always a worrying sign in my eyes. When we asked if items could be adapted...she suggested that the chef's 'get a bit shirty about it'

In the end there was one starter and two mains that contained no gluten, even many of the steak dishes were not GF. I had a fairly tasteless beetroot and goats cheese salad followed by a bland roast chicken forestiere...my husband's meal ( not GF) was equally average.

This restaurant suggests it is a high end, good quality place to eat...it was not an enjoyable experience with very mediocre food. Over hyped and over priced.

2  Thank C8585ZFsuzanneb

Thank you for your review and feedback which I will pass on to our staff, we carry out allergen training with all our staff prior. I will speak to the team to ensure this is better handled with our guests in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2021 via mobile

Ambiance
The overall ambiance of the restaurant is very good with the amazing panoramic view of the city.

Decor
Decor is fine but needs upgrading with upholstery and painting.

Cleanliness
With covid still going the place is not up to standard with the cleanliness. The mens toilet is reeking with the smell of urine it seems ut hasnt been cleaned for days with that kind of smell.
The place is very dusty in corners especially where we are sat by the window where the metal frame of the building is.
Window outside and inside needs a good clean and scrub.

Food is very good especially the butcher steak which i expect to be tough but to my surprise its very tender. Brownies Dessert is amazing.
My starter beetroot and egg salad is a bit disappointing as i cant even taste the eggs coz there is only a pinch of eggs crumbles and needs abit of flavouring.

It was a very disappointing service from a fine dining and full service restaurant. From the start our table is not ready and have to wait for about 25 minutes considering we have to pay a premium for the window sit.
Our waiter Olgario needs to go back to basic training. We are sat and never acknowledge or asked for drinks for about 20-25 minutes and nobody checked on us if we have ordered. When our starters arrived we have to ask for our drinks as cant eat with out our drinks cinsidering we are sat for more than 1/2 hr already. Bread plates was not taken out before our starter arrived and not taken out after our starter plates was taken away.
Our steak arrived and had a first bite before the knife was replaced by the steak knife. Never offered any condiments and was asked about our food near the end of the dinner.
Was given the bill and never asked before if we want some after dinner drinks like tea or coffee so paid and head out somewhere for the coffee.

Dont know if this is the kind of service you give to people who take out Groupon voucher. Definitely the 10% service charge is not worth it. You should not charge for that kind of lousy service. Its a shame as the chefs has made a fantastic food to be ruined by poor service.
We came to celebrate our wedding anniversary and will definitely to recommend the place to celebrate as it ruined our day.
Dress code
expected people to smart casual but seen so many people wearing trainers

With this kind of service it is overrated. I would choose The Ivy and Simpsons instead.

1  Thank pipobeng