“The Go To Bar in Birmingham ”
Review of Hennessey's Bar

Hennessey's Bar
Ranked #527 of 2,496 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hennessey's Bar is an independent family run pub in the heart of the Irish district of Birmingham. We provide friendly service and good quality traditional home cooked food. Our menu has a wide selection of snacks, light bites and traditional pub favourites. We also stock a wide variety of drinks.
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

I came to my friend's birthday celebration at Hennessy's Bar recently and a great time was had by all. The atmosphere is so friendly and welcoming and the addition of the extra dining area is excellent. The staff were so helpful and went out of their way to make sure our group had a fabulous evening. Especially worthy of mention were Katie and Ryan. The food was tasty and very competitively priced. I had the halloumi salad with croutons, which was huge, beautifully presented and so tasty. The bar is certainly one of the best in Birmingham in my opinion. It also has an outdoor seating area which is very popular. Pay a visit .. you wont be disappointed!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed 23 May 2021

Stopped here for lunch during a shopping trip to Brum. Brilliant location just a short walk from the Bull ring.

The building and location is unassuming but once you are through the doors they have made a great effort in making this place a really nice city pub to visit.

We frequented when only outside dining was allowed. They have a large internal beer garden area so you have to go through the pub to get to it, but they have made the most of the space with lots of dining under cover. Because it was enclosed on all sides we didn't feel the cold either.

The price of food is reasonable and the quality seemed exceptional.

The organisation of this place and staff were professional throughout our dining experience and we will certainly make this our go to place the next time we visit on either a shopping trip or night out.

I like it even more knowing this is not a chain pub, well done to Team Hennessey's!

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank neilj241
Reviewed 17 August 2020

This is a great bar/pub which I normally visit most months as I work nearby, but after lockdown I wanted to go back and do the Eat Out offer for August 2020,

Currently there is table service with a maximum of six people per table,

The large bar area inside has quite a few tv screens for sports watching and there is also a large covered outside area which serves a full-on beer garden with massive tv screen for sports.

I've only been here mid-week afternoons and the staff are always friendly and helpful.

The food menu has improved over the past few years to compete with other places in the area though I normally have a fish finger sandwich or a toastie.

While this is an "Irish" pub in the traditionally Irish district of Birmingham most things seem pretty British to me, But I'm sure that there are groups of customers with Irish heritage when the rugby is on.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank Brum H
Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

Very busy for paddys day as to be expected but a great afternoon was had by all. Service was as good as I could be, staff worked very hard considering the place was packed. Little of the radar but would visit again!

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020

Just near Moor St Station, and mainly a 'sports bar'. Match days for Birmingham gets busy. TV's everywhere and plenty of beer choices ... huge outside TV, and i can imagine gets busy on summer tournements.

Date of visit: March 2020