US$85
US$76
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$80
US$53
  • Breakfast included
US$88
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$46
US$43
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

US$123
  • Pool
US$105
US$94
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Birmingham Marriott Hotel(Birmingham)
US$100
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$33
US$31
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$46/night.

Novotel Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
1,776 results
All reviewseye hospitalroll top bathbubbles barmonsoon showerbubble loungeafternoon teanespresso machinehuge bathroomdeluxe roombirthday treatmini barwalk in showerlovely roomsaturday nightcity centrestayed for one nightcooked breakfast
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on Saturday. Wasn’t sure what to expect but I was really pleasantly surprised. Reception staff are great. We stayed in one of the champagne rooms. The room was a really good size with literally everything a 5 star hotel would normally have. A really well stocked mini bar, slippers, fluffy dressing gown and a huge bed with really nice linen. The bathroom was absolutely amazing - huge, bath tub and a really good shower. We will definitely stay here again! Best hotel we have been to in Birmingham by a long mile!!

Stayed: June 2018
Tom G, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Alice,
Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us at HDV Birmingham & for taking the time to share this. It is always nice to read that our guests enjoyed their stay & I am really pleased that we got things right for you. I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We recently visited hotel du vin for our wedding anniversary. I booked on the internet and it was £160 for a room with a 3 course meal and a bottle of champagne. I thought this was good value. But I went on there website a few days before and the same offer had gone down to £134. Thought this was a little unfair offering the same deal cheaper. So I cancelled my booking and rebooked it again for the cheaper price in my husband's name.
The room was lovely and the shower was lovely and powerful. Only thing I found wrong with the room was the lighting as it was very dark so when I was putting my make up on I couldn't see what I was doing very well so probably ended up going out looking like a clown.
Other than that the room was lovely.
The restaurant was great and the food was fabulous. The staff were very kind and the champagne went down a treat.
Very good location to lots of fabulous bars and restaurants.
Forgot to mention when I checked in they wouldn't let me pay by cash I had to pay part on my card for them to then refund it when we departed. Which I found very strange and rather annoying.
On the whole though a lovely evening away and great value for £134.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear HLwelly,
Thanks for the kind words! Here at HDV we are really excited about the positive feedback we are receiving. I hope that you will continue to support the brand & that we will see you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Set in a grand old building which was once the Eye Infirmary, the first thing that struck us was the gloom in the reception area. It really was - at all times of the day - dark. The second thing that we noticed was the general shabby condition of the reception, corridors and our room. Although the bar and restaurant are deliberately styled to look old and a bit grimy, we were sure that this was not the intended look for the rest of the place. Although we had a well-sized room with a good bed, the whole place needed a good clean and a lick of paint. It looked as if all of the edges had been attacked with sandpaper. The soap tray in the (vast) shower was missing (which is annoying when you are bouncing around mid-lather) and many of the tiles were cracked very badly. The wooden shower decking was in need of some restoration. No instant coffee for those of us who actually don't want to fiddle around setting up the Nespresso machine in semi-darkness. And the guy who painted the room needs to see an optician.

Our room on the first floor (apparently an upgrade) suffered from 'first floor syndrome': the 5am bin collection outside. Ask for a higher up room,

But a good minibar and snack selection. And a very good wine bar on the reception level with a great selection of drinks, many of which were reasonably well-priced.

The Bistro was a pleasant place to eat in the evening. The menu is very typical French bistro (no surprises there) and the food was generally very good. Service was excellent and friendly.

Overall, if we were to stay here again we would insist on a room on the third floor and make sure the room was properly equipped. We wouldn't rush back to the Bistro or necessarily recommend it if you are after a special, more intimate experience - but if you want a big bowl of onion soup, some cassoulet and a carafe of red wine, this is the place.

Room Tip: avoid first floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Tom G, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear PTB46,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and we hope your experience was a positive one. Our team here work hard to ensure all our guests have a comfortable and pleasant stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We visited for my moms birthday and took advantage of a fanatic offer that was on. We started in the spa where Cora-Beth showed us around and brought us all a lovely champagne cocktail, we each had a super relaxing and much needed massage by Rachel, Ellie (who my mom had and loved) and Suzie, it was wonderful. We then went up into the courtyard where 3 lovely staff members served us and helped make my moms birthday afternoon tea special, but the cherry onto of the cake was that the kitchen staff Alex and Lottie catered last minute to my unusually allergy to yeast and being a vegetarian without hesitation and allowing me to enjoy every part of the wonderful afternoon tea with my family. A big thankyou to all the staff members for helping to make my moms birthday extra special.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Louise,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience. I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at HDV Birmingham.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I was recommended this hotel by my sons friend, Now I am recommending this hotel lovely welcome . Rooms well kept the big comfortable bed hairdryer iron trouser press coffee maker instead of those sachets. We had a meal in restaurant on arrival staff were superb the meal lovely the wines are some of the best. The only down side was parking but we were lucky to get a space outside the hotel free otherwise it’s multi storey. Next time on my travels if there’s a Hotel du Vin in that town it will be the one.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Tom G, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear itulls,