“Ah-maz-ing”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

I write this whilst still sat in the restaurant. From the pianist to the general vibe of the place I LOVE. The food was fantastic. I would highly recommend the lamb. Be warned it's not lamb shank but lamb skewers! Lovely

Our waitress was called Marketa and was absolutely fabulous. She recommended an amazing cocktail and dessert called 'wait and see' (trust me, the wait is worth it!)

The staff were fabulous, the cost (considering we live in London) was great. We will definitely come back. Thanks all! X

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit and definitely will not be the last.

The staff were lovely, friendly and attentive.

The food was just amazing! We picked from the lunch time menu so the cost was good too. £15 for 2 courses!

To start I had smoked duck salad, the duck was beautiful & presentation was great too. For main I had smoked salmon, crushed new potatoes & asparagus.... cooked to perfection!!

The venue is cool too looking too.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

My friend and I stumbled across this hidden gem across the road from where we were staying and we were so delighted we did. Professional, friendly staff and classy, comfortable decor and furniture. The wine list had an excellent choice and so did the food menu. Actually, the food was amazing. We chose lots of little starters to share and each dish was delicious and beautifully presented. We treated ourselves to the "wait and see" dessert option which was a little mixture of lots of different desserts. Each one was mouth watering. We were so delighted with the whole experience and the new got the bill which had a 25% discount! Turns out we were there on a week night before 7pm and saved money! We couldn't believe it! What a brilliant place. Can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

FSK is a large, bright space on the edge of the giant constructions works in the centre of Birmingham. A board tucked into the entrance said that management had recently changed but it was front of house service that needed refreshing on my visit. I went mid week but at 8pm and the staff seemed focussed on getting the restaurant ready for the next day - endless amounts of glasses were being cleaned at the bar and table settings being shuffled about and the waiting staff were constantly being called aside to do backroom jobs.

To be fair, a more senior Maitre'd arrived after I had begun eating and hugely improved the first contact experience for people arriving after myself, as well as the general attention to guests already in the room.

Also, the food here is great - the specials board in particular gives the impression of being properly thought about and refreshed regularly, perhaps even daily, and wine is available by carafe which means single diners can enjoy a couple of glasses without being price gouged or forced to buy a bottle.

Judging by many TA reviews, my experience may have been unusual. I would certainly be happy to pay a return visit to check out the service again because the food is so good and have given some benefit of doubt in making this a four star review as a result.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Nice place modern, clean and attentive staff, food, wine good, short waiting time, also easy to park near place without requiring payment