“Mixed feelings!”

Rub Smokehouse & Bar Birmingham
Ranked #1,236 of 2,498 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Description: American Barbecue restaurant serving big portions of comfort food. Great bespoke cocktails and treat yourself to the World's Best Brownies and a choice of over 25 different flavours of ice cream. From single dining to large group bookings or even private functions. The views are some of the best of the canals in the city. We feed your inner ten year old, while also promoting the American tradition of doggy bags and sharing large plates
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for my partners birthday and there were 11 tables in and 4 staff yet the food took a long time! Mine and my partners food tasted amazing (see photos) and I couldn’t fault it at all! The other couple that we were with us had dry meat that we could see sat on the side for over 10 minutes before they eventually brought it to us and it had 100% been reheated. We did have a refund for these meals.
The chairs were also sooooo uncomfortable!

Cocktails were amazing and are one thing that I would go back for!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Really nice meal with some friends for Sunday lunch. Food and service was really nice. Range to choose from. The restaurant was really clean and well presented. Friendly staff. Will be back again.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Service was good girl was very friendly but food took long to come no salt or pepper on table also no continued service to table...drinks menu very limited unless you love lager..wouldnt reccomend was really dissapointed

assistantmanagerRUB, Manager at Rub Smokehouse & Bar Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Would you be able to let me know when you dined with us and who your server was?
We should have salt and pepper in a pot on every table so I'd like to see why this wasn't the case when you visited.
We have two draught beers on our menu and two different bottles of lager; did you see all our 2410 cocktails on the flip side of our menu and our soft drinks at the top?
Any information you can give me would be really helpful so I can look into this further for you and get back to you as soon as possible.

You're more than welcome to email me at eve@rubsmokehouse.com

Have a lovely evening,
Kind regards, Eve - Assisant Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Came here Sunday for Mothers Day.

The service was pretty good, it wasnt busy so i wouldnt expect less.

I had the 51st state and the Brownie Sausage Roll.

The burger was cooked perfectly, as were the egg, bacon, steak, corndog and fries and tasted really nice.
The Brownie and Pastry was divine, and despite it being a small portion, its just enough due to the richness.

The waitress we had was very nice and even helped me out when i wanted the name of a song they played.

My only gripe is the seating. Wooden benches with gaps so after a while it gets really uncomfortable. Get some padding maybe?

Ill be back to try the other stuff for sure!

assistantmanagerRUB, Manager at Rub Smokehouse & Bar Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hey Chrisfrombree, thank you for such a lovely review! We are currently looking at getting our benches padded out; hopefully we'll have something new in place for when you next visit. Have a lovely day.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Not only did we have to wait over 1 hour for our main meal. It was over cooked flavourless and burnt. I was told that they could re-cook something else but they couldn't promise how long it would take and that they would try to get it under 30 mins.

The starters was overpriced £6 for 3 very small pieces of chicken bites the pulled pork garlic bread was disappointing, baked Tortola wraps with a thumb nail size of pulled pork.

There excuse was they had a large party in but doesn't allow for poor service.

Dissapointig visit is a understatement!

Hi James, I'm so sorry to see that your experience with us was not up to our usual standard; an hour wait on food is not acceptable in any situation.
I would really like to look into this further for you, to find out where we went wrong and if anyone came and spoke to you personally. If you'd like to, please email myself at eve@rubsmokehouse.com with any extra information.

Thank you for your feedback James and I hope this has not detered you from visiting us again.

Kind regards, Rub