“Great soup!”
Review of Pho

Pho
Ranked #97 of 2,309 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Description: Set in the balcony overlooking the newly transformed Birmingham New Street station, Pho Grand Central is the perfect place to take a break from shopping or for a quick meal before catching a train. Choose from more than 15 freshly made pho noodle soups, as well as other Vietnamese street foods like spicy salads, fragrant curries and wok-fried noodles. Our Pho To Go menu is available seven days a week to order at the counter.
Reviewed 18 December 2016

This was my first experience of Vietnamese food so, because the dessert menu looked so tempting, I decided to go with soup and a dessert. I ordered the slow cooked beef noodle soup, it came with a side dish of herbs, chilli etc so I could flavour it to my own taste.

I found it very tasty and extremely filling, it was full of flavour and full of noodles, so much so that I could not eat it all and I had no room for dessert! It was a shame as the desserts looked very tempting but I really was too full, in fact I didn't eat anything for the remainder of the day (this was lunchtime).

Staff were pleasant and efficient and when we left there was quite a queue waiting for seats which says a lot. I would happily return to try some of the other great sounding dishes on the menu.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Always love the Pho here and they actually serve great flavours of real Pho, tried Pho at other restaurants here in Uk, but nothing beats the ones in Pho! Wish they could open one near my area in Stoke so I dont have to travel to get my cravings fixed :)

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

We both had curry options which were really nice. Can't comment on the starters, sides or desserts as we didn't have any! We did try a coffee though, and as Vietnamese coffee is our favourite, it was fair. One of the cups was only 3/4 full (after the drip was finished). Had better elsewhere but it also wasn't terrible. Nice that they had genuine Vietnamese beers (a shame they aren't the usual Vietnamese 50p a bottle!).

Service was really lacklustre. Most of the staff seemed miserable, curt, and uninterested. One lady was more friendly.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

EXCELLENT FOOD, polite, friendly, helpful staff.

I had Pho with steak & brisket with a homemade lemonade. It was all very tasty & really enjoyed being able to change the flavours with the table sauces & plate of herbs that comes with the soup. The lemonade cut through the flavours to cleanse the pallet to enjoy all the new flavours added.

Mom had curry with tofu (vegi) which she really enjoyed as the tastes were close to Thai but with a twist. She had the beetroot & carrot juice which was creamy

Definitely return to enjoy the other options on the menu & encourage all to go to try new flavours.

"You don't know if you might be missing something you really like"

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

This was my first experience of Vietnamese food. The restaurant itself is inside Birmingham New Street station so the hustle and bustle is all around you but you do feel a well organised atmosphere. It was very busy with a queue of people waiting for free tables which is always a good sign. The food was very fresh and you can see the chefs making your meal while you wait. Very reasonably priced starters and main meals, the chicken wings were a little bland as they were not seasoned other than the dipping sauce provided. The noodles were perfectly cooked, will definitely return for soup next time as that seemed to be the favourite style of dish that was ordered by most. Nice touch with the blankets as it was a little chilly in there. Drinks were reasonably priced also.