Free cancellation until 27/07
Hotels.com
US$58
US$55
  • Free Breakfast
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$71
  • Pool
US$99
US$64
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

US$78
US$64
  • Free Breakfast
Novotel Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$61
Birmingham Marriott Hotel(Birmingham)
US$99
US$83
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,121 results
All reviewsthe executive loungehead conciergeafternoon teabroad streetbeautiful hotelsky bartop floorbirthday treatstandard roomcar parkcity centremember of staffpublic areaslovely roomsaturday nightself servicestayed here for one night
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After returning from the T20 cricket match late on Wednesday evening, we proceeded to the bar for a night cap. On arrival the barman asked for room numbers. I said we would pay cash or card at the bar as had not register our credit cards with the room. “You can’t do that - after 11pm all bar purchases can only be charged to a room”. I found this unusual and when I questioned it I was told “everything hotel in the work has this policy”. Now I’ve not visited every hotel in the world but I’ve been to quite a few and pretty sure this is not entirely accurate. After a lengthy process registering a card at reception and going back to the bar I ordered a double Jameson whiskey as could see the bottle in n the shelf. Turns out the bottle was empty. “It’s finished, would you like to order something else?” I asked if they didn’t carry extra stock of what is clearly a popular brand. “No”. Ok can you give me a JWBL at the same price? “No”. Ok can I see the Food and Beverage Manager? “No they not here”. After pushing the matter for a bit he turned and said “ Look we can spend time arguing about it or you can just order something else”. Couldn’t believe the arrogance of this guy. Order a beer and went outside. Poor service from the bar staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Managementprbi, General Manager at Park Regis Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Rob H

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that all was not how both you and I alike would have expected and I would like to assure you that I will be taking the necessary steps to prevent any future similar lapses.

It is only with the assistance of guests such as yourselves providing this invaluable feedback that we are able to improve and I would like to thank you for taking the time to do so.

We do hope to see you again.

Your
Sincerely

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very pleasant experience ... high quality bedrooms, bar, dining facilities and very attentive staff eager to help you have a lovely stay from the Reservations Officer, Julia, to Peter the Chief Concierge to Phil, Front of House Manager to Egert who looked after affairs so well in the Executive Lounge ... they all stood out for the pleasant and kind way they did their work. With top staff like these, the hotel shows it values it's workers and guests alike ... all this against the backdrop of a lovely hotel with great facilities ... my stay was short this time ... i look forward to coming back in the future as it is always nice when you stay somewhere nice where the staff really genuinely want to do their best for you!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear roryonline

What a way to start the day with such a wonderful review.
I cant wait to share it with the team.
its always a pleasure to exceed our guest expectations.

Hope to see you soon.

Kindest regards
Peter.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's a beautiful hotel, but not quite worth the price tag. Room was next to an elevator so heard that throughout the night. Had food at the bar - glasses weren't particularly clean and they didn't come out with cutlery or napkins. If I was staying somewhere cheaper these things wouldn't matter, but when your spending a lot on a room it's not really up to standard

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear cmansb781698

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns. We strive to deliver a consistently high level of service and rely on our guest’s feedback to consistently improve and develop what we offer.

For future reference there is always a duty manager available to help and assist with any queries or concerns our guests may have during their stay in the hotel, had your concerns been brought to the attention of the duty manager at the time I am sure the issues mentioned could have been resolved.

We hope to see you soon.

Yours
Sincerely.
Mark

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall hotel is excellent, we used the Executive lounge which is fantastic, Personally service is ok but could be deficient, breakfast good and overall very good service. being twice before and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear NP1974

Thank you so much for your review.

Our executive lounge is the perfect way to relax after a hard day at the office.
We would also like to thank you for your repeat business.

Hope to see you in the near future.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great Hotel lovely location,close to city centre and transport link
facilities and rooms are superb,
Breakfast was excellent great selection to choose from,all dietary needs catered for
Execitive lounge was great to chill and chat

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear kezialoo

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive such kind words.
I will be sharing your review with the team and I know it will put a spring in their steps.
Such reviews make all the hard work the team do on a daily basis worthwhile.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
Kindest regards