“First Class Venue”

Scarman Training and Conference Centre
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 19 January 2017

You are only likely to experience this venue if you are on a conference or training course. My experience is base on a 3 night stay for a training course. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I was on the third floor and there is no direct lift so if you have a disability and cannot walk for any length of time you need to be on the first floor. The lift from reception takes you to floor 1, there is then a walk across a 'bridge' to the next lift. The staff are well trained and friendly and the food is, quite frankly, amazing, given the numbers being catered for. Lunch was particularly enticing with well stocked hot and cold bars. I cannot comment on the general evening fare as we had private dining with food well up to 5* star hotel restaurant standard. If this were a hotel open to the general public it would easily merit 4*. Access to the centre which is situated in University of Warwick campus is excellent, not far from the M40.

Room Tip: This is a conference centre primarily but if disabled ask for 1st floor.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
warwickconferences, General Manager at Scarman Training and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

I would like to assure that upon booking bedrooms, guests will be asked if they have any particular accessibility requirements. We then accommodate the guest with a suitable room and facilities according to their individual needs.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our levels of customer service and high standard of food, I can assure it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Richard Harrison,
Head of Conference Centres

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference. Good facilities, good food in a large self service resturant. Coffee, drinks available 24/7.

Good safe parking. The University gym and swimming pool is also available FOC.

It was difficult to get a room and I would recommend early booking.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
warwickconferences, General Manager at Scarman Training and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Warwick Conferences, I can assure it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I can't fault this place; it's easily accessible, has plenty of free parking, excellent facilities, great food, friendly staff, competitive prices. Highly recommended for conferences. Stayed overnight and the room was of a very high standard.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ChickenLady12

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience at Warwick Conferences, I can assure it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Judged side by side to the radcliffe conference facilities this gets my vote out of the two. The main uplift is the location, being on a more peaceful and serene part of the campus, plus no dreadful humming noise in the room all night long unlike some of our rooms at the radcliffe. Sleep score shot to 10 in fact! Facilities are modern, widely spaced and the bar and dining rooms were hard to fault. Vegetarian dining options were ok, if uninspired (veg chili, veg lasagne, etc, a bit 1980's) - but for our main set dinner the veg food was completely miserable though (a small slice of quiche for the saturday evening main meal was a bit of a let down to say the least) .The staff are very helpful throughout the facilities. The beds are standard economy doubles so no good for tall people without feet sticking over the edge (i did ask this time at reception and the staff were nice and accommodating but they cannot stretch the mattresses alas!) and the 'bigger beds' offered as an alternative are in fact just two singles put together like in the radcliffe so aren't longer alas The quiet peaceful setting away from reception and the deep comfy mattresses and pillows made up for this.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
warwickconferences, General Manager at Scarman Training and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Dear Guest,

I can assure that it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I'm glad that you liked Scarman's new look and found both our staff and facilities accommodating.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed for three nights recently, while being involved in a recruitment exercise. I thought this was an excellent facility. Nicely appointed rooms, helpful, friendly staff, and great food. The accommodation for our recruitment was better than any similar place I've stayed at. It's all in a great location, and the complimentary coffee machines throughout are the icing on the cake! Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
warwickconferences, General Manager at Scarman Training and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I can assure that it was a pleasure to have you stay at our facility. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our dining facilities and customer service.

We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Richard Harrison, Head of Conference Centres

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
2.7 km away
Quality Hotel Coventry
#19 of 39 in Coventry
3.4 km away
Nailcote Hall Hotel and Golf Club

Been to Scarman Training and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!