Scarman Training and Conference Centre
US$80
  • Pool
US$58
  • Restaurant
The Jacobean Hotel(Allesley)(Great Value!)
US$50
Travelodge Coventry Binley Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
US$46
Travelodge
US$64
US$62
PremierInn.com
All reviewswarwick universityarts centreresidential schoolample parking on siteevening faresyndicate roomscomplimentary tea coffeehotel standardlong walk from receptiontraining eventmeeting rooms aremodern facilitiesadequate sizetraining coursekipperspleasure of stayingsecure parking
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night, prior to works conference. Clean, modern facilities with good staff. Food was very nice and bar prices reasonable. No issues at all. Just a bit of a difficult layout when trying to navigate to room.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Warwickconferences, Manager at Scarman Training and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear you thought our facilities were clean and modern. We pride ourselves on amazing customer service and high quality food, so it’s great to hear it being recognized.

I can assure it was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

May be three stars is a bit mean, I don't know how much it was (Someone else paid for me!), but I go to some really terrific places!
It's a long walk from reception to the rooms and I thought the signage was a bit poor.
Very plain, but clean and tidy. Nice bar (although I got an incorrect charge in my room- taken off when I complained)...
The food was super. Really good quality I thought. All buffets of course. No idea of the cost.
In room wifi requires you to get an account with them, but worked OK after that.
Water and basic tea and instant coffee provide in room. So that's better than the other place I visited recently, but nothing (except the food quality) pushed the boundaries. Check my review recently and you can see SM how great some other reasonably priced places can be.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed our food, it’s of the highest quality and has been awarded the Soil Association Food for Life Catering Mark. We take pride in keeping our facilities clean and tidy, so it is brilliant to hear your positive feedback.

We hope to see you again and it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Back again at Scarman which is home from home for me this time of year!
Dinner was superb and presentation and flavour of food is first class. Fine dining at it's best.
Plenty of choice for breakfast but puzzled why there is no salt and pepper on the tables!! Found helping yourself to coffee from a table a muddle and not welcome first thing in the morning!! Minor details though and this venue is still tops for me in this area!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Warwickconferences, Manager at Scarman Training and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear how you feel so comfortable here with us at Warwick Conferences. Our food is of the highest standard and it’s fantastic to hear your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

King Regards

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Excellent - checking in and out is easy. Attended for a conference. The conference rooms are very nice, the food is great, as are the bedrooms. There are excellent facilities including lots of tea, coffee and snacks. All-in-all, a very good place to go for business meetings.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Warwickconferences, Manager at Scarman Training and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it is greatly appreciated.

We pride ourselves on our fresh food and our clean bedrooms, so it is great to hear your positive feedback. Our refreshment offering to our delegates is extensive and I’m pleased to know you found it excellent.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I have been to Scarman Conference centre several times for courses, but this was the first time I stayed overnight.

My room was a reasonable size and clean and tidy, however there was a lack of attention to detail that affected my enjoyment, the TV did not work, there was no milk available in the room for me to make tea and the bedside light was not working (I swapped some bulbs over to get it working, but should not have to do this) and the WiFi signal was so weak I couldn't effectively access emails etc.

The centre is also slap bang in the Warwick University campus so overnight rabble outside could be heard, if you are light sleeper take ear plugs!

My room was also a good 5 minute trek to the Reception Area, Restaurant and meeting spaces, which was hard work with a dodgy back!

Having been here before during the day I knew that food would be good, as lunch is a plentiful help yourself buffet of top notch food, but I was massively underwhelmed by our dinner. Service was spectacularly slow and it took over three hours for a table of 10 of us to complete our meal. The food was tasty but portion sizes were so stingy that most of us were considering ordering a pizza to be delivered. A real shame when my experience of lunches had been so positive.

In summary, the rooms are OK but could be better with a little more attention to detail and if you are less mobile ask for a room nearer the centre to avoid the hike.

Room Tip: Room 212 was about a mile away from Reception and the Meeting Spaces!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Warwickconferences, General Manager at Scarman Training and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear on this occasion that we didn’t meet and surpass your expectations. Could you please get in touch with us directly, as we would love to speak to you about your experience at Scarman in further detail to help us find a resolution. Your feedback is very important to us, it's what propels us forward to ensure we strive to be a customer centric company. Could you please share your contact details to e.arrowsmith@warwick.ac.uk at a convenient time for us to get in touch.

All the best,