“Another pleasant stay at the Premiere Classe”

Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 5 April 2017

I enjoyed my 1 night stay at the Premiere Classe in Coventry. The room was warm cosy and comfortable. The Receptionist was friendly and welcoming. Maybe the Motel style isn't to everyone's taste, but for under £40 a night, it is well worth the money. There isn't a Restaurant, but Mcdonalds is 50m away, and a nice Pub serving good food across the road.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing McDonalds, then you don't get any car noise.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Stephens A, General Manager at Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Hello,
Many thanks for your review.
I am delighted at the positive comments and I'm fully with you regarding the value for money offered here.
Thanks again for your comments and feel free to say hello when you're next at the hotel.
Stephens A

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently attended the Birmingham Photography Show at the NEC and booked this hotel to stay for the weekend. Upon entering the complex we where perplexed as to where the actual accommodation was as the building only had the restaurant/bar and reception in it. We where directed to the accommodation by the hotel manager who pointed us in the direction of what can only be described as a two story block of portacabins with a roof covering them. We entered our room and where greeted with dirty bedding, an unmade bed and a shower-room behind the wall where the headboard of the bed was which had no door on it. We told the manager that we would not be staying there to which he asked us why and my wife replied that she didn't feel safe and his response was "well we do have security on a night".... Wrong answer I'm afraid as that made her feel even more insecure... Needless to say we quickly departed and found another large chain hotel a few minutes away which was like a palace compared to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clifarrell2017
Reviewed 20 March 2017

This is an awful place to visit, essentially it is like a poor 1970's chalet or a prison. It does not feel very safe with single glazed windows with roll down metal shutters, lots of signs saying don't leave anything in your car in the poorly lit car park with no CCTV. Accommodation is very basic. If you need a hotel at this price stay in a B&B. There is nothing positive I can say about it.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank FoodTraveller169
Stephens A, General Manager at Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's disappointing to see your negative comments about the hotel.
I can confirm to you that our car park is littered with CCTV. There is also a sign in the car park to confirm that there is 24Hr CCTV surveillance in use. The window shutters are simply for your added security.
We do not claim to be a 5 star hotel, but what we can guarantee is good value rooms that are clean, tidy, comfortable and secure.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

The Premiere classe is easy to find, next door to a drive thru McDonalds. It does not have a restaurant, I used a pub across the way. The room was small with a double bed. There was only one double socket for all my devices, that was being used by the kettle and a lamp, lots of unplugging and plugging going on. The room did not get made up twice, which I told the staff. The staff were very polite and helpful.
The place was not my kind of hotel, not very celubrius. The other local hotels wanted up to £200 pounds per night, which was more than my budget.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Ray O
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Good bed for the night, no complaints. £55 was the price for the night. Breakfast was OK for a continental, only £5. Like this place and I will be back. Staff were better than I expected. Polite and friendly chat. It's much improved since my visit two years back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business