“Mr ”

Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I would not board a dog here. One towel on the bed which was dirty for two people. Cobwebs and dust all over. Warm water in the evening to shower. Booked on compare website and looked good but actually dire. Gentleman on reception nice but seemed overwhelmed with problems. Couldn't find our booking. Continental breakfast but no croissants or fruit. Definitely a no no.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Staying at this modern day "Refugee Camp" recently for one night. Room rates maybe attractive to many, however don't let the idea of saving a few quid persuade you to stay. Arrived late afternoon to a the only decent thing about this place, a member of staff by the name of Alan. Checked into Room 7. Dated with a smell of mould thru-out. Having spent only 30 mins in this room, I approached Alan (Staff) to inform him that the neighbors to Room 7 were screaming, banging and clearly by the smell of it, smoking Heroin. I was moved without question to Room 1. This room exactly like Room 7, dirty and smelt. It may be worth noting that I have been a Military man for 17 years and have been used to bedding down in some holes but this place is terrible! Many of the occupants of the Hotel appear to be long term placements of the Local Council (Homeless and/or evicted Tenants), respectfully without any money. I witnessed two of them picking up discarded cigarette ends in the car park. My neighbor in Room 2, (a lady of approx 50 years old) knocked on my door to ask me if I had a spare cigarette at 02:00 in the morning! The noise coming from the majority of these residents carried on thru-out the night. At 03:00 woken by loud screaming from the Car Park, I decided to move my car from the Car Park and park it on the local ASDA Car Park nearby for security reasons. Returning to the Hotel, I further witnessed two of the residents from Room 5 fighting outside there door, clearly high on Narcotics. I decided to leave the hotel at 05:00.

I did call the Hotel a few days later to speak to a Mr. S Alexander (Manager) to discuss my stay. Respectfully he WAS AWARE of the drama's concerning the Hotel and my stay. He refunded me my nights stay based on the telephone call.

Quotes from Mr. Alexander from that phone call; "Aware of Narcotics use at the Hotel" and "Staff scared to act about complaints due to personal safety".. This speaks volumes about the place.

MY ADVICE IS TO STAY CLEAR OF THIS PLACE, DON'T ENTERTAIN ANY IDEA OF STAYING HERE!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin T
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We booked in Saturday 23rd September 2017 we had 2 rooms, looking on booking.com it looked ok, the cost was £75 each room. Well what can I say the rooms were in a block which reminded me of Butlins and the rooms were disgusting, sticky carpets, 1 paper cup each for you coffee or tea, the room was dirty the lampshades looked like that hadn't been changed since the smoking ban, only 2 bath towels nothing else in the room other than a bed and tv, which there was no remote for, if you wanted a shower mat you had to ask at reception which was in another block. At the reception we wasn't given the option of paying when you check out, was just asked for my card to pay. We asked to speak to the manager who wasn't there. Needless to say after 20 minutes we checked out again and after them trying to find our invoice we were given our refund. The staff did try but kept say ing that one of them had only been there 3 days and the other 8 days and they certainly hadn't been trained in customer service. We were not the only ones leaving at this time so my advice is to stay away from this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank cindersme
Stephens A, General Manager at Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for your review.
Your comments will be taken on board and action taken to rectify the issues experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This is cheap and it shows. It's under new management and it's clear the new manager, Steven, is running it down to close it. My two elderly aunts were put in room 18 by Steven. This room is totally unfit for habitation! Electric sockets off walls and a plastic bag over the smoke detector. They spoke with Alan the next morning and were immediately moved. The fact that the manager knowingly put two ladies in a room that was totally unsafe shows how this place is being run. Please please please don't go here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank caz1Uk
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

After booking a double room for me and my partner then waiting half an hour to check in we were told our room was no longer available and was charged £90 which is triple the rate of a normal room to stay in two separate beds. There's gypsys on site and a lot other people walking around the site at night been very loud through out the night. The staff were rude and unhelpful. The bed sheets also have stains on. After trying to shower all morning there's no hot water. The door doesn't shut properly on the room either. Only good thing is McDonald's is next door.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Stephens A, Manager at Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for your review.