See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I went and stayed here on saturday 23rd of feb have to say was very pleasent the staff were all great and friendly especially kate what a very pleasent woman she was made our stay enjoyable defo will go back again has had a great night out and the 24 hour bar was even better thank you for a welcomed stay

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Sir, I would like to thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sure that Kate will be delighted to see your feedback. It is always very pleasant to see receptionist name mentioned. I hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

We booked this "hotel" before we read the reviews!!! Big mistake. We ended up paying extra to stay in the ibis, as this place was a complete and utter doghole'!! We walked round the whole building looking for a reception desk, until we had to call them to ask where we could check in.. People staying in the ibis were laughing when we said we had booked to stay at this place!
The showers and toilets are literally right in the entrance of the place.. So anyone off the street could just walk in and use the facilities.. It is truely horrendous.. It looks like a dump inside & out & I wouldn't waste your money. I felt as though they do this so people pay the extra to stay in the ibis as they are part of the same company.

• Stayed: January 2013
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Madam, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that Formule 1 hotel did not meet your expectations. Please, let me assure you that the hotel front door is equipped with security system allowing the door to be open only with bedroom key card. Therefore the hotel bathrooms are not accessible to general public. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Complete budget hotel, very good of value is important to your travel itinery, otherwise you could you stay in the Ibis next door. Location is very good, 10 minutes walk from travel connections. The hotel itself could have a little more TLC and tending to a couple of decor issues, rooms was otherwise hygenic fairly clean and well maintained. On our arrival we worked out ourselves that we had to book in and collect our card key from Ibis, just across the car park, initially we were given a room with a TV that didn't work but after pooping back to reception and being told that not all the TVs works, we were changed to a room which had a working TV.

Notes: if possible, get into your room early and switch on the heating, the temperature in the building is fairy cold until the electric heater warms through. Facilities, toilets and showers are shared, toilets should be used with shoes on as they are self cleaning thus floors are damp. We didn't used the showers. Rooms have a sink and double rooms have a double bed and single bunk, though check details with reception. The service was great from the F1/Ibis reception and they were more than happy to help with our queries.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in Formule 1 Coventry. We hope that our central location gave you opportunity to visit the area. Ibis Reception Team will be very happy to hear that you value our customer care. We hope to welcome you back. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

The hotel looks ok from the outside.inside its way different the first room we was put into had a horrible smell the television was broke aswell as the blinds.

The second room was a bit better but still not very clean floor was filthy with hairs all over it and a stain onn the wall behind the bed that looked like poo

Overall the hotel was in a horrible location with dirty rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for posting the review. I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay in Formule 1. I am glad that you were moved to another room after reporting the problems but very sorry that the second room pre assigned was not up to the standard. I understand it may be tiring to report the problem twice but please by all means do not hesitate to ask receptionist to assist you to your room so that you can raise any problems straightaway. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please, let me assure you that I will be sharing your feedback with housekeeping and maintenance departments. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed 8 February 2013