US$109
US$61
US$62
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A qualified fire safety inspection of the dining room would close this hotel. The split upholstery was showing the stuffing or patched with black masking tape. this was also evident in parts of the bar The staff were very helpful, but the meals were well below the standard I expect for the cost. I would certainly read the reviews of any Britannia hotel before confirming any booking in future.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went and stayed here on saturday 23rd of feb have to say was very pleasent the staff were all great and friendly especially kate what a very pleasent woman she was made our stay enjoyable defo will go back again has had a great night out and the 24 hour bar was even better thank you for a welcomed stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for posting your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our bar available 24/7 convenient. I will share your feedback with Katie in particular. I am sure that she will very much appreciate your comments.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Joanna Torbus

Reviewed 29 March 2013

The rooms are nice and good quality with regards to the price. Toilets are self-cleaning porta-loo models, very small and quite often are either dirty or have very wet floors. These are down the hall along with showers so expect cold corridor runs. The beds are very hard and uncomfortable to sleep in but are clean. During our stay there were 2 nights where groups of people were very noisy, roaming the corridors with an overwhelming smell of pot causing the fire alarms to set off. We felt very unsafe these nights, especially how our door was bashed and there was tapping on the window. However, this was most likely an unlucky occurence, a previous visit on the second floor was much nicer and we experienced no trouble. Location is good and reception staff in the Ibis are friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I wouldn't inflict a place like this on my worst enemy. The room was unsanitary, to say the least, there were brown marks on the bed sheets. When I peeled back the sheets I found several pubic hairs. The TV didn't work, and after visiting the communal showers, I discovered a friendly welcome of a puddle of vomit. Then, when visiting the urine-saturated toilet, I found that the locks were broken on almost every cubicle. Then, after a horrendous nights sleep (or rather no sleep) due to the 'noisy' couple next door, I was awoken by a man entering my room at 6 am claiming that he was here to clean. I asked him to leave in the politest possible manor, and I watched him run from the hotel out of a grimy window. In all, security was poor, cleanliness was poor, and all in all one would think that the hotel is one enormous, cruel joke. I would suggest that the place be demolished, one may well contract se form o terrible disease from the lack of sanitation.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank RitzToFormuleOne
Reviewed 25 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Sir, I would like to thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sure that Kate will be delighted to see your feedback. It is always very pleasant to see receptionist name mentioned. I hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.