US$67
PremierInn.com
US$41
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2015

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past ten years due to being booked in there on business trips where every expense is spared.

If you're planning on getting drunk on a massive night out in Cov and don't care where you end up, this place is ideal.

If you are aware of your surroundings, however....you'll find this a very unpleasant experience. On every trip I've found the staff rude, uncooperative, aggressive, seemingly very angry at minor tasks such as having to check in guests and would follow my group and demand head counts to make sure we were all in our apropriate rooms.

Lowlights included one member of staff who barged into my room to demand to know why there was an extra person in there (they had another room across the hall, he was in mine to chat before we went out) and refusing my partner entry and accusing her of being a prostitute.

Horrific place. Last time I stayed in Coventry I had the option of this place, or sleeping outside the train station until morning. I had a more pleasant experience outside the train station passed out on my bag.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank PrideWrestling
Reviewed 22 September 2014

Most awful place I've ever stayed!
Rooms tiny, smelly, warm, with views of a carpark. Toilets tiny, smelly, wet floors.
Dodgy location.
Poor service-reception staff don't look professional and clearly don't care about customer service.
Has a reputation as being somewhere people take others for a one night stand as it's so cheap. Also tends to get a lot of builders, etc, staying overnight on the way to their latest job.
Only positive thing is the cheap price-but you definitely get what you pay for.
Just a totally depressing place.
Avoid if you possibly can!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A qualified fire safety inspection of the dining room would close this hotel. The split upholstery was showing the stuffing or patched with black masking tape. this was also evident in parts of the bar The staff were very helpful, but the meals were well below the standard I expect for the cost. I would certainly read the reviews of any Britannia hotel before confirming any booking in future.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went and stayed here on saturday 23rd of feb have to say was very pleasent the staff were all great and friendly especially kate what a very pleasent woman she was made our stay enjoyable defo will go back again has had a great night out and the 24 hour bar was even better thank you for a welcomed stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for posting your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our bar available 24/7 convenient. I will share your feedback with Katie in particular. I am sure that she will very much appreciate your comments.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Joanna Torbus

Reviewed 29 March 2013

The rooms are nice and good quality with regards to the price. Toilets are self-cleaning porta-loo models, very small and quite often are either dirty or have very wet floors. These are down the hall along with showers so expect cold corridor runs. The beds are very hard and uncomfortable to sleep in but are clean. During our stay there were 2 nights where groups of people were very noisy, roaming the corridors with an overwhelming smell of pot causing the fire alarms to set off. We felt very unsafe these nights, especially how our door was bashed and there was tapping on the window. However, this was most likely an unlucky occurence, a previous visit on the second floor was much nicer and we experienced no trouble. Location is good and reception staff in the Ibis are friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com