“Traditional pub with good beer and good food”
Review of Red Lion

Red Lion
Ranked #17 of 58 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: I visited this restaurant with my husband and two adult children and daughter in law. We tried to find somewhere in Arundel to have lunch at 2.30 nearly everywhere was closed. This restaurant was open. The seating was not very comfortable and to be honest it did not smell very nice, but we had already ordered our drink so it was difficult to leave! I had asked for sausages and mash (but asked if the mash was made with butter - the bar person enquired and came back and said that it was made yesterday and the person who made it was not in! so he could not say! I had chips instead. So I had sausages and chips with runner beans which were cold. The sausage were not at all hot but we waited quite a while and so I did not complain. My son and daughter in law had steak and it was full of grissle and they brought the most horrible looking large mushrooms swimming in oil which dripped over the table. My daughter had a very indifferent hamburger, We felt the whole experience was bad and a waste of money I would never go there again!!!
Reviewed 19 January 2018

As the title says, everything is here for a good, traditional pub meal with good beer. Perhaps best to come at lunchtime, as it can be crowded and noisy in the evenings. They have a great beer garden in the summer, although I don't remember seeing anywhere for kids to play.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Visited the Red Lion on news years day as part of a day out with my family and had the nicest pub lunch I have ever had. The staff were very friendly and made my wife Hayley, my son Harry and dog Poppy so very very welcome. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Looking for a warm swift lunch spot on a cold and miserable day, the Red Lion provided us with good beer, some lovely whitebait and some average sandwiches (tasty filling but soggy bread). A nice stop. Worthy of 3.5 stars - above average for sure.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Nice pub - nice and warm, good ambience, pleasant staff. Good pint, good pino grigio and good BLT. Have been once before and enjoyed the sausage sandwich on ciabatta so was looking forward to the same again, but was disappointed this time - sausage was not particularly hot and pretty average tasting.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

The burgers were great and the pub is really good, perfect for a nice stop after visiting this beautiful town.