“Spacious and great service”

Boston Tea Party Chichester
Ranked #5 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Chichester
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We visited BTP for the first time and spent 3 hours there! We had a delicious breakfast which was reasonably priced. We then followed this up with coffee, cake and a little bit of work! The service was great and my favourite part was how spacious it was, you didn't feel like you were sat on the person next to you which is often the case in cafes! We will be back thank you!

Date of visit: August 2018
TellBTP, Manager at Boston Tea Party Chichester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We went here on the recommendation of my daughter and found it friendly and relaxing. They are dog and baby friendly and the food we had was well cooked using locally sourced ingredients. They have loose leaf tea served in tea pots which I enjoyed and my husband said the coffee was the best he had had in Chichester, and he should know as he is quite the coffee snob!!! Give it a try you will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Had a disappointing lunch.

Firstly there were no burgers. How can you have no burgers at lunchtime? Can't you go to the shop and buy the ingredients?

Then we waited 3/4 hour for our food.

When good finally arrived the salad didn't have all the ingredients inlcuded that were listed on the menu. When we raised this they apologised and brought us another. This time they did put on all the ingredients but very sparcely. So again I think that someone forgot to do the food shopping.

Not up to the standard of others in the chain. Maybe it's just got too big.

Date of visit: August 2018
TellBTP, Manager at Boston Tea Party Chichester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Good afternoon,

I'm so sorry we didn't have any burgers for you, you're right we always should have them on at lunch. We get all our mince in fresh daily and never freeze anything, the deliveries were in very late Thursday/Friday I'm not sure which day you came in on? Please give us an email chichester@bostonteaparty.co.uk and we can discuss this further. I will personally reserve a burger for you next time you are in.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This is our second visit to BTP and sadly will probably be our last ! The place itself is great light and airy with plenty of room between tables ,the staff are polite and helpful. The wait for food however is so poor, and I do appreciate everything is cooked to order. Today we waited over 45 mins for our order and when I questioned this I was told that there was a 40 minute wait for a breakfast ,this had not been made clear when I ordered . We were restricted by parking times . I told the counter staff we couldn't wait and they were obliging and gave me a refund for the food although the food the miraculously appeared and we were told to eat what we could and we would still be refunded. Whilst in BTP a second table was refunded they had ordered sandwiches apparently ,a family of 5 had waited so long and they had to have something replaced on the meal .I guess though that the final thing was as we left the restaurant passing the open kitchen area a burger was being returned because a very long hair had been found in it !! As I say our second visit this was much worse than the first which was equally slow but we gave the benefit of the doubt then. Sorry BTP this needs to be put right asap .

Good afternoon,

We are so sorry about your recent experience at Boston Tea Party Chichester. One of our ovens/grills had stopped working on this day and the till staff were meant to be explaining the situation to customers. This message obviously did not get relayed onto you and I apologize once again .

I do agree 40 minutes is a very long time to wait,so we would absolutely love to make it up to you so please send us an email chichester@bostonteaparty.co.uk and we can sort something out.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Went here for lunch good value for food, had burgers which contain bacon and fries amazing! However slow service as we were told there would be a 35 minute wait. Served by Seamus who was lovely, and provided good customer service.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you so much.. Seamus is a great memeber of our team. Please do come in again we are trying to implement changes to the kitchen to speed up service.