“Always incredible”

Ranked #916 of 2,090 Restaurants in Leeds
Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are regulars at senbon (I think today was our 14th order in a year) - they do the best Japanese food in Leeds by far! My personal recommendations are the pumpkin katsu curry (yes even if you’re not a veggie), the karaage chicken and the char-shu ramen with pork bone broth. Their vegan selection is vast and tasty so you’re sure to find something you like, and definitely try out something new when you order. When we’ve dined in the staff have always been incredibly attentive and once when we had a dish missing in our takeaway order we messaged them on facebook and they immediately sent the delivery driver back to us with the missing dish. Overall I couldn’t recommend senbon sakura more!

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed 28 November 2020

Normally love the food from here but tonight the food was cold wasn’t the same the chicken skewers didn’t tastes nice and an hour later I was being sick and had stomach ache I won’t be ordering Again. I’m not one for writing reviews but felt I needed to after tonight’s experience

1  Thank clairedY2496ZS
Reviewed 20 November 2020 via mobile

Tried to order online, couldn’t get the code sent as we all work in a hospital.
So rang
The guy we spoke to was so rude, didn’t ask name or tell us how long. We walked down to see how long it would be and again rude, I actually couldn’t believe how rude he was.
We order quite a lot from here as it’s a nice treat and they do nhs discount.
Food was rank
Tofu curries bland
Ramem and beef noodles weren’t really enjoyed
And the munchie boxes were an actual joke
Sticky rice boring
Chicken skewers were all pink and purple
Salt and pepper chicken was the same and fatty
Your frozen spring rolls and curry parcels were nice though.
Nothing was salt and pepper on that box.
Im not even going to bring up the sad excuse for chips either
No cutlery or napkins were given or asked.
Sort your staff out you’ve lost 8 customers

1  Thank katad89
Reviewed 18 November 2020 via mobile

So, I'm writing this review because it seems that dealing with the restaurant directly isn't working! My daughter and her boyfriend ordered a takeaway from here on the 16th Nov 20 to celebrate her 22nd Birthday, sadly they spent the next 24hrs being sick (on her actual birthday). In fact she was so poorly she hasn't yet opened her birthday presents and has had to take a day off work. Today they rang to speak to the restaurant to tell them that they were poorly and that apart from the sushi everything else was cold on delivery. As you'd probably expect by now the restaurant has shown no interest in the seriousness, in fact they were more bothered that they didn't complain on the night or yesterday! On the night it was too late and yesterday they spent all day in the bathroom. Clearly they have had some good reviews but they have to accept that every now and again they deliver a poor meal.. they are just not interested, no apology and no refund. People need to know about this which is why I'm giving this review, which I haven't done lightly. Food hygiene at Leeds Council have now been informed.

3  Thank Biglad2016
Reviewed 18 November 2020

Me and my boyfriend ordered from here. Food came late, was cold and we both got food poisoning!!!!
AVOID