“Can't wait for the reopening ”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #55 of 279 Quick Bites in Leeds
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: WELCOME TO THE VICTORIA HOTEL FAMOUS FOR IT'S "CONTRIBUTION TO CITY LIFE" AND THE LOCALS WHO SAVED IT FROM DEMOLITION You will find The Victoria Hotel in Great George Street within a short stroll of Leeds General Infirmary, Town Hall and Woodhouse Moor - however you won't find another like it. Step in to discover a traditional pub of unique character, revered for its eclectic range of real ales and its quality pub food, which are served, as they should be, with a generous measure of famous British hospitality. A FASCINATING PAST In 1989 we were given special recognition by Leeds Civic Trust for our 'splendid Victorian features and contribution to city life'. Built in 1865, the 'Vic' accommodated people attending the Assizes Court at Leeds Town Hall. It offered 28 bedrooms, dining rooms, private sitting rooms, a billiard room, and public meeting rooms. Despite all that history we are lucky to be here today as in 1973 our marvellous historic building had to be saved from demolition
Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

One of my favourite pubs I'm Leeds is The Victoria Hotel ,a pub I've visited on quite a few occasions.
This pub is superb, the interior is amazing, worth a visit in its own right, dark wood features, an awesome looking serving bar, great decor and furnishings and plenty of seating options spread throughout this pub, it a very cool and beautiful pub housed in am amazing looking building.
At the moment its temporary closed but I'm sure very soon it will be reopened as its one of the finest pubs in this city,its most definitely well worth checking out if you're in the area and easy to locate along Great George Street.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (142)

Reviewed 23 March 2020 via mobile

I used to work nearby and went into this fantastic Victorian pub regularly.
I haven't been in for about 5 years. My visit reminded me what a fantastic pub this is . Lovely interior with large booths.
Eight real ales on offer.
I used to like the small front bar known as Bridget's. Unfortunately, this is now a dining room, but closed so I couldn't go in to have a look.
Nice ambience and good service.
Once the coronavirus ban is over I must revisit.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

Always a nice place, not so many real ales to pick from when it was run by m&b, we had a meal which was cooked perfectly nice, the Cajun chicken was a little over the top spicy wise but was all cooked freshly, service at the bar was good quick & polite service.

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank Pippin1983
Reviewed 16 February 2020

Wow, The Vic in Leeds is really hurting. A few short years ago, when run by Nicholsons' Pubs, this was one of the finest pubs in Leeds City Centre. Beautiful interior, great selection of cask ales, and decent, reasonably priced food. We visited here in mid-February 2020 and things have changed, and not for the better. The beautiful interior is thankfully intact, so the place is not beyond saving, but the beer selection is poor (and least 1/2 of the handpumps said "coming soon" or the like), and the food, while very inexpensive, is fairly dire. Hopefully this wonderful pub can make a comeback.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 12 February 2020

We where staying opposite in the Radison but my friend had organised his retirement party at the Vic it was a great evening and the bar staff where very helpful. Next time Iam in Leeds I will be going to the Vic again

Date of visit: October 2019