“Lovely lunch”
Review of The Beulah

The Beulah
Ranked #619 of 2,245 Restaurants in Leeds
Description: Cafe - Bistro - Bar Yorkshire Bathrooms - an added Bathroom and Kitchen Showroom and interior gift shop
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Called for lunch mid-week. Food was good particularly the egg mayo and rocket sandwich in delicious granary bread served with lovely salad and crisps. Was so tasty and good amount of filling. Americano coffee was delicious and good size too. Prawn in Marie Rose sauce nothing to write home about , prawns very small and a bit chewy, disappointed with this. Staff all seem friendly , the young male waiter seemed unsure of menu at times but he was friendly and I am sure he will improve as seemed keen.
Time waited for food was better than we went for breakfast
Nice ambience and lovely views over the valley to Pudsey.
One thing though which should definitely be a NO-NO!! is that in the toilets they have a 'communal' hand towel ....uuuugh !! Breeding ground for germs and poses a risk of cross contamination/infection. I am sure any Environmental health inspector would frown upon this. Could always use toilet tissue to dry hands but think The Beulah needs to think about installing a hand dryer, supplying paper towels or using small flannels that can be washed after one use .
Would return for lunch or coffee.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Visited the Beulah for Saturday morning breakfast, popped in very early and there was nobody else dining at the time, by the time we left several diners had come and gone. The host and her staff were all lovely and friendly. We ordered two full breakfasts called 'the view' and one tea and one coffee. The food was lovely and well cooked. Just over fifteen pounds for two is great value. Next time will bring our dog who apparently gets a free sausage when he visits. Well done the Beulah as its good to see what was a tired local pub turned into a welcoming venture. We shall return.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

A steady trade for Sunday breakfast in what used to be a very successful pub many years ago. It was nice to sit by the window eating a fried breakfast while reading the newspaper & enjoying the views out over Troydale towards Pudsey. There are some descent walks locally. You can have your breakfast then just 5 minutes walk are benches you can sit & admire the view across the fields towards Leeds city.
The food is pretty good, service prompt & prices reasonable. You are not hurried. If you have a dog, they are welcome too. In its hey day - this was a fantastic & popular pub. It's good to see it re-inventing itself. Other meal times are catered for & there is a small selection of craft type pieces for sale too. Good parking but be wary of the location by a bend. You can access the car park from Lawns lane. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I took my wife to a tapas evening. We were welcomed by friendly staff given drinks and shown to our table. The food arrived after about 15 minutes. What a wonderful mix of tapas. Meat balls, a chicken dish, pork casserole, potato’s braves, plus loads more. We barely had room for a desert. I had cheese cake which to be honest was a little foamy the Mrs had pear tart which was wonderful. I had a coffee with brandy which to be honest I was disappointed with. The cup was too large. They should have offered in it a smaller cup and gone for more intense flavours. That aside we shall be back for their next culinary evening which I think is Italian.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Called with my daughter for a quick breakfast on Sunday. We ordered latte, fresh orange, both were good and coffee really hot as I like it.
We ordered 2 gourmet sausage sandwiches in white bread. The sausages were not gourmet, they were pretty poor really, bland and pale looked like they had beeneither pre cooked and heated or microwaved and they were served tepid, I wish I had sent mine back. They bread was nicely toasted and buttered although my daughter had the crust of the loaf toasted as half of her sandwich, I wouldn’t expect that, makes it too hard and shouldn’t be used.

Lovely setting warm and cosy just the sandwiches let them down and it wasn’t busy so no excuse for the food waiting and going cold in the pass.

I will try it again to see if it is any better