“Excellent food again including gluten free”
Review of Thai Sabai

Thai Sabai
Ranked #206 of 2,222 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you're looking for a cheap, chic and cheerful Thai restaurant in Leeds then look no further. Thai Sabai means 'a place to relax', and the staff here will go out of their way to make make you feel welcome. The d��cor is simple, but the authentic fare at Thai Sabai is exquisitely presented, and all meals are cooked to order meaning you can tailor each dish to your spice-sensitive/gluten-free/vegan needs. With over 80 dishes on the menu, choosing just one will be the hardest part. Favourites include the Tom Yum seafood soup; Gai Hor Bai Toey ��� chicken wrapped in Pandan leaves served with sweet chilli sauce; and the spicy Thai-style fish cakes.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited on early Tuesday evening when we were only people in restaurant ( and we’d booked! ). Really tasty food. Not pretentious place, just decorated with Thai memorabilia and simple tables/chairs, although chairs do get a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Asked about GF food and no issues as owner and staff well aware of what it is and what you can have.

Easy to recommend and as earlier review says, it makes you want to book a holiday so you can enjoy the food in Thailand. If that’s out of the question, then Thai Sabai is a good second.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

From time to time you find a little gem of a restaurant or cafe and Thai sabai definitely falls into this bracket.

It’s a bit of a difficult find a bit of a tight squeeze in the place and has simple yet authentic decor but don’t let that put you off.

The staff were very attentive and helped with menu choice. At least as good if not better than chophrya the food was exceptional. Wine was good and the fact it was small made it intimate and there was a nice vibe, always difficult to achieve I feel in a restaurant.

My daughter is at Uni in Leeds and I will be revisiting this gem time after time.

Book though as it gets busy!!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I first visited here as it was empty as I walked passed near closing time and what a fantastic meal I had! I thought it was a one off, how wrong was I!!!! The more I visit the more of the menu I want to eat.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

This little Thai restaurant may be the most understated eatery in Leeds, its on a side street in Headingley, no fancy name or pretentious setting or overdone hipness of how great they are. its just a very simple, very down to earth small independent restaurant , letting the food speak for itself.

There's fans on the ceiling, elephants and tapestry on the walls and lots of gold and reds to keep your eyes entertained, they could do with more comfortable furniture but hey whose complaining when the food was so exceptional.

I would recommend the Early Bird Menu to those who want to try this out for the first time, there is quite a wide selection to choose from and the dishes was brilliant value for money.

I tried the Chicken and Prawn Dumplings with the Chicken Yellow Thai Curry with white rice and boy oh boy was it good. great portions, super well flavoured and seasoned with right amount of spice. AND if that were not enough, you got a beverage with that and extra selection of spice and chilli dips to suit your taste buds. I mean what more could you want.!

Service was excellent, they do a great take away menu with lots of choice and you know that the cook is bringing the flavours of Thailand right to your plate. These guys are definitely experts in what they provide.

It may not be the most modern of settings and presentation but who needs that when you have the ability to serve food which is so sumptuous, delicious and it makes you dream of booking your next holiday to one of the remote little islands of Thailand just so you can stuff your face with more of this type of food.

Am I over enthusiastic over this little place? HELL YEAH because it deserves to survive and remain a stable source of eating pleasure for all who live and visit Leeds and they should know what type of talent we have on our doorstep.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I make a habit of keeping a record of places that I have visited and enjoyed good food, I hadn’t had a few spare hours in Headingley over the past few months but I thought I’d return to my favourite Thai restaurant, beautiful food, relaxed atmosphere, no rush and a lovely evening, I’ll be back.