“Fantastic ”

Royal Armouries Museum
Ranked #3 of 200 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Home for the national collection of arms and armour that features five theme-galleries: War, Tournament, Self-Defense, Hunting, and arms and armour of the Orient.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic collection!
Loved the hunting armours on the 4th floor!
Amazing and the swords! To die for! I wish I can start a collection soon :)
Will come back for sure

1  Thank David B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,931)
All reviews
in 82 reviews
"gift shop"
in 91 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I came here one afternoon to fill some time. We were here nearly 5 hours!! Had a really good day, learnt so much about the history of the country and all the different aspects of war. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I absolutely adored it!!! Went with my family and my 2 year-old daughter was way too interested! It can take up to 1h if you really want to visit it properly! I recommend to everyone who would go to Leeds to pay a visit!

1  Thank Sakura P
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Had a short stop here to fill some tome on Leeds. Was an Interesting diversion but not as good as I remembered it from a previous visit many years ago.
Still worth a few hours especially if they have events on.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018

In the short amount of time available to me I was only able to scratch the surface of the immense amount of displays, zones and activities this place has to offer. There are five large floors all with galleries of varying sizes and covering different aspects of armour and its use over the centuries. Also looked at the difference between different countries of the world and how they armed themselves through the ages. I need to come back here when I have about four hours to spare and even then, I'd probably need a re-visit to catch up on all I missed. There are special events on most days in different parts of the museum so you can get more involved if you want.