“Upstairs shambles”
Review of O2 Academy

O2 Academy
Ranked #23 of 159 Nightlife in Leeds
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

If you buy tickets to a seating area upstairs, you expect a seat - even if it's unreserved. Instead we had to stand, which is ok - and didn't get anything like the decent view we paid for. Security Staff were very good, saving this from being a 2 star.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

A great place to see live live music. A very intimate setting.
The prices at the bar are unjustifiable, over £5 for one vodka and coke that contained more ice than any other ingredient.
This was my first visit to the O2 Academy, and I'll definitely return if my favourite artists are playing.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Went to the O2 academy for the first time for a concert and the venue is quite small, but it was a good atmosphere and we had a great night!

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

This is a great venue as it is quiet small, which gives you an intimate experience when seeing a band.
The bars were very accessible meaning that queuing wasn't a problem.
The exterior is impressive, especially at night when it is illuminated.
I had a great time!

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

I have only visited the Academy once and I have to say that on the whole I would attend other gigs there. The academy is in a good location and is close to a 24 hour car park (but good luck with the nightmare traffic system), the staff were friendly and attentive to their duties, but I found the drinks expensive (£16 for two vodka & coke, one half coke and one pint of coke) and was surprised that a significant portion of the standing room is taken up by the audio mixing equipment.

On the whole my experience was positive but I was disappointed that the staff did not do anything when people were setting off smoke flares.