“Good time, every time”
Review of O2 Academy

O2 Academy
Ranked #22 of 158 Nightlife in Leeds
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I come here at least once a month for gigs, and every time I walk away happy, if not a little bruised. The venue has good sound quality and the bar is fairly reasonable for a venue. Has a large capacity, so expect to queue for a while, but it is usually worth the wait.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend is a lucky woman...I like the Stranglers.
First saw them over 30 years ago in Edinburgh (the days indeed when Scottish teams other than the Ugly Sisters would win leagues, even Euro trophies, ah nostalgia!) and the chance to "catch up" with them in Leeds was too good to miss and, by chance, we had Peter Hook (think Joy Division/New Order) playing the following night, same venue.

We were upstairs on "Stranglers" night as the guys gave it their all, having been preceded by "The Ruts" who also gave an excellent set.
There was anything but "No More Heroes" on show, as the chaps moved from one classic to another & we had a great view from our upstairs seats (I know, but at our age, a seat is almost a "must"): the staff are efficient and friendly- you get served quickly & without fuss, and so we were whetted for night two!
It was downstairs & standing for Hooky, who must have played for 3 hours, almost non-stop, don't know if he was shattered at the end, but I was.
He finished the set with a bit of "Love will tear us apart" which was a fine climax to a great show.

I guess this my 5/6th visit to this venue and I really can't fault it...

Reviewed 15 March 2017

We booked tickets to see Lower Than Atlantis and stood queueing for 70 mins waiting to collect our pre-paid tickets and then get in...a bloody disgrace and we missed the first band. Not a huge venue compared to many I have been to, but someone needs to shake these people up. The box office is a pathetic little booth not designed to handle ticket collection or the numbers requiring tickets and there was no segregation either. Having finally collected our tickets we then had to queue again to get in. I have complained to ENTS24 who I got the tickets from but heard nothing. The drinks were also really expensive compared to many venues....GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER O2 Leeds. PATHETIC.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

If you buy tickets to a seating area upstairs, you expect a seat - even if it's unreserved. Instead we had to stand, which is ok - and didn't get anything like the decent view we paid for. Security Staff were very good, saving this from being a 2 star.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

A great place to see live live music. A very intimate setting.
The prices at the bar are unjustifiable, over £5 for one vodka and coke that contained more ice than any other ingredient.
This was my first visit to the O2 Academy, and I'll definitely return if my favourite artists are playing.