“London Grammar ”
Review of O2 Academy

O2 Academy
Ranked #22 of 158 Nightlife in Leeds
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

A fantastic evening of music.

The bar was not unreasonable as things go. £4:40 for a good wine!

Security thorough but reasonable and seating OK, but really needed more knee room to avoid cramp!

Well laid out but ready for refurbishment in the next 22-18 months.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Been here numerous times and visited yesterday to watch Ryan Adams. Security and bar staff were all friendly and helpful. If you pick the balcony make sure you arrive early to get a decent seat (we did as I've learnt from experience). If you're in the last 40 or so people to arrive for the balcony expect to stand with limited or no view of the stage.

Main gripe is the drinks are awful and massively overpriced. One pint of terrible lager and a single 'house vodka' and coke was £10.80. My wife left it as said it tasted horrible. Ta profit vs quality all the way in the bar which is a shame.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I went to see The Psychedelic Furs at this venue, last night.

The venue itself is but a "Heartbeat" away from the city centre, itself easily accessible by bus or train, or private jet, if you happen to be Jean Claude Juncker.

I wasn't exactly looking "Pretty in Pink"; nevertheless, I felt presentable enough in myself.
And, in any case, the only pink outfit I've got is my birthday suit.
And it's quite old now.

Only the downstairs stalls were open, and we got in relatively early, so we camped/leaned against the sound transmission area, sipping our curiously-priced £5:10 beers.

Lene Lovich gave an excellent performance before the main act, who themselves were peerless.

Sound/acoustics always seem to be spot on at this venue, staff are always pleasant, and a huge thumbs up to the ladies & gentlemen on security duty who had the unpleasant, but sadly these days, necessary, task of searching all who entered- very professionally & civilly done, guys.

Another great night at the Acca!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I like the atmosphere in the smaller venues and this one is no different. What stood out to me and don't get me wrong I understand the more strict policies about what you could take in but I had my bag searched and asked if I had food, I had some mints and then the security proceeded to open my purse and search through that too which I saw happen to no-one else. My friend who followed in behind me has chewing gum taken off her due to 'venue policy' yet the chewing gum in my handbag was perfectly fine

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Cosy little venue drinks are pricey but we danced and laughed great night for all ages would recommend

1  Thank ribman7