“Great experience”

Price range: US$17 - US$75
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chaophraya (pronounced Chao-phra-yaa) offers the ultimate Thai fine dining experience. Named after the Chao Phraya River, Thailand’s main waterway, diners are taken on a journey; tasting fresh ingredients, flavours and cooking methods typical of each of its unique regions.Once reopened on 19th October Chaophraya will provide the ultimate Thai bar and restaurant experience in Leeds, we will present a fusion of delicious cuisine with a luxurious bar and fantastic atmosphereChaophraya will offer extensive lunchtime and à la carte menus as well as signature dishes created by our expert chefs, along with free Wi-Fi and delicious coffees, guests can enjoy a lunchtime pit stop, relaxing in the comfy surroundings. Thai tapas will be served from midday everyday and a Sunday Champagne Brunch will be available for those in search of a little luxury. Come evening time, the new bar will offer a refreshing array of drinks from Thailand and beyond. Wines, spirits and liquors have all been expertly selected as well as Chaophraya’s brand new signature beer, Yom.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was staying in the hotel above this restaurant and as I was feeling hungry and didn't want to walk far, just walked down the steps and in. It was early on a Thursday evening when it was practically empty. Soon filled up though with large groups of people though. It's an atmospheric, as you would expect, ornate Thai themed decor. Very nice.

Seated quickly and drinks ordered. I must say the service is charming and very attentive. They bow to you and you feel like doing the same. I had previously looked up the menu online and was interested in their (on trend) small plates, their 'Thai re-imagined' dishes. I went for Miang Kham Gab Pak Nasturtium. never had this before. Bite size lumps of palm sugar and coconut inside on a nasturtium leaf. This was surprisingly good.

Next was their slow cooked lamb with aubergine and lime. This was simply superb. The lamb was wonderful, bathed in a lovely Thai broth. Also had a delicious pork belly dish bursting with basil, garlic and ginger. Little 'pops' of flavour all over. On the side had their tasty sticky rice wrapped in a coconut leaf. best I've had.

All these dishes were under £6 and delivered tapas style all together so you can snack on each whenever you want. Fantastic value and great cooking.

I was knocked out by my meal, every bit perfectly cooked and delicious. The experience was great. I will definitely be back to try some more of the imaginative dishes they have on the menu. Recommended

LM232013, Manager at Chaophraya Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Wow! Kop Khun Kha (Thank you) for this amazing review Tong W, we greatly appreciate you sharing this with us! I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely time when you visited us! The Miang Kham with Naturtium is one of our favourtie dishes from the tapas menu as it acts as the perfect palate cleanser! I cannot wait to share your lovely comments with the rest of the team! We cannot wait to welcome you again Khun!

Chaophraya Leeds Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,148)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited at lunchtime for a birthday treat. The food and service were both amazing. Would highly recommend this. Not cheap but definitely worth it.

LM232013, Manager at Chaophraya Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your lovely review with us charlotte_hall, we greatly appreciate it. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us! We cannot wait to see you again Khun.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cam here for lunch on a Friday with customers. Place was very quiet, but not unusual on a sunny day.
Service throughout was unenthusiastic & lacklustre. We ordered off the A la cartel menu, which was expensive for what we got. I love spicy Thai food & ordered accordingly, but the food was bland & cooked for Farang (foreigners).
Won't rush back here for sure.

1  Thank Leedsaway67

Sawasdee Kha (Hello) Leesdaway67,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, it is greatly appreciated. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal with us, as this does not sound like our usual standard of service. If you ever have any issues with your meal please do not hesitate to speak to your server so we can have anything remade or changed for you on the day - we'd hate to know you left unhappy with your experience.

I will be sharing your comments with the rest of our team here, as we take all feedback very seriously. We hope hope you can return to give us another try please do contact me feedback@chaopraya.co.uk so we can make sure that everything is to the correct standards for you.

Chaoprhaya Leeds Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wacky dinner with meat... prawns and pineapple in the mix.

My fault in choosing a complicated dish but i have to say, the chicken was overcooked. The prawns were fresh but it wasn't a great combination.

Atmosphere was loud but good. It was a Saturday night we went for a family birthday. I must say that the staff were trying to upsell in quite an obvious way.

Tactic one- kept coming back and trying to get us to buy more side dishes.
Tactic two- drinks were half finished and trying to get us to buy more.
Tactic three- wasn't clear about the mains coming with rice so we paid extra...

Aside from my meal, the Thai dishes for noodles and prawns in a curry sauce looked good. The other food went down but generally let down with the pushiness on this instance.

I would go again to try another dish and new experience though.

Great venue and I'm sure it does very well as the prices are not on the cheap side.

Sawsdee Kha (Hello) Andre G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am sorry to hear that you visit did not meet your expectations. We take all feedback seriously to help us improve and I will be sharing your comments with the chef's and servers.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Could not believe they charged £7 for two cokes. £12.00 for a beer and Malibu and coke, which wasn't even Malibu original but some cheap imitation.

Thank you for taking the time to review us Martin M, we greatly appreciate it. I am sorry to hear you felt the food and drinks to be expensive. We do regularly compare our prices to our competitors and local restaurants.