“One Of The Family”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I am always greeted here as if I am one of the family. Lunching with my friend yesterday, I started with snails and opted for the Confit for main. Please note you will have to wait for your meal because not only is this restaurant incredibly popular, the chef takes time and care to cook the food. I have not been disappointed here before but the duck leg was a little dry. The service is always polite. Make it a long lunch.....

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I think we've lived around this area for exactly same time Mirabelles has existed yet never been until last night. Lobster from the owners pot, brilliant sea bass, friendly welcoming atmosphere. All superb. I asked who their ice cream was from and they said New Forest - I asked further and the strawberry was the basic lurid pink one from said manufacturer. They actually do one called dairy strawberry which is ok but for a great restaurant which clearly takes pride in its ingredients my suggestion would be to upgrade here. Purbeck ice cream is far, far superior and more in keeping with the class of this place. That's my one star deduction! Maybe harsh!

1  Thank Tim F
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We had not been for dinner before and it was excellent. The owner was so welcoming and every member of staff was so caring and well trained . We all had the lobster starter which was superb. I had the sea bass main which was cooked to perfection. Everyone in the group was very pleased with their choices.
The restaurant was extremely clean and well presented in a French style. It is situated overlooking the village green with New Forest ponies wandering around .
A totally enjoyable expired! I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

This is a hidden gem of a restaurant. I've been going for years and it just never disappoints!

Authentic french food in the New Forest. Fantastic wine cellar. Brilliant french patron.

A must visit restaurant!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

A favourite of ours and a truly special place. From the kind, attentive service to the delicious, exciting and delicious food - this place is a truly wonderful place to eat. Highly recommend for a special occasion.