All reviews the river salisbury cathedral water meadows plenty of car parking four poster bed lovely hotel public areas superior room city centre the ground floor no lift stayed here for one night buffet style the room was nice sunday lunch night's sleep steak
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here before visiting family in Dorset. On arrival we were a bit concerned that it was set out for a wedding and that it might be noisy. But we were wrong to be concerned. We had a spacious room with a very comfortable bed which was peaceful with a lovely view of the cathedral. The bathroom was clean and roomy.

Breakfast was great. Staff were very nice. It is a traditional hotel but not in a bad way. It is very convenient for the city centre and we would be very happy to stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I stayed at this hotel for a few days for business and found it to be a largely pleasant experience. The staff are all friendly, ranging from the red-headed receptionist, right through to the floppy-haired manager of the restaurant. Everyone I came across was very nice and welcoming.

As for the rooms themselves, I stayed in two, a single and then a double. The single room (21 if memory serves) was pretty basic and had a TV that wasn't that great, had a small shower and that was about it. It did however offer a great view of the fields at the back of the hotel. The double room (49) was excellent however, with a fair more fit for purpose TV, a gorgeously warm bath and many other little things.

The food on the menus is gorgeous. The risotto is excellent, the steaks are cooked to perfection and they have some of the best chips I've had in years.

The breakfasts are £9.50 I believe per day, but if my place of work weren't paying for it then I probably wouldn't have gone for it as there isn't a lot on offer, and a realistic figure would probably be more along the lines of £5 per day. Having said that, the sausages were lovely.

Overall I would recommend staying here if you're in the area.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Hopelessly frustrated with wifi dropping out continuously. Impossible to book tickets to stone henge and other hotels. Drops out and have to start again. Complained and while apologetic made no effort to find out why.
Bath tub fills with water when showering because plug broken. So awful shower. Too hot and uncomfortable in the night need lighter duvet.
was not happy with the place.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

After a long day; a great place to unwind and relax.
Room comfortable, spacious with superb views over the countryside towards the Cathedral.
Helpful and courteous staff; excellent dining.
Will return again when we next visit the area. Definitely soon!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

First time I have visited this hotel.
I turned up at reception and was greeted by a friendly lady, I asked straight away if I could extend my stay by and extra night which was no trouble.
I had a fairly large room looking out over the fields the river and a pleasant view of Salisbury Cathedral .
The room was very spacious with nice facilities and all furniture was in with the character of the building.
Breakfast was plentiful with enough variety to choose from, the setting was very nice in the conservatory over looking the fields and the river.
I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business