All reviews the river salisbury cathedral water meadows four poster bed plenty of parking lovely hotel public areas superior room city centre car park the ground floor stayed here for one night buffet style sunday lunch afternoon tea lovely room steak
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We held a 65th birthday party for my husband. All of the guests had a 4 course Sunday lunch (20 of us in total). The food was excellent, and the staff were polite, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. A very big thank you to you all for making the day so enjoyable.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 1956amm
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

This place will be tops in my book for a long time. Their staff helped when I messed up a reservation and were kind and able to move it without losing my money. They also held our bags before our check in time. Additionally the room was clean, comfortable, and a great place to relax. The only down side would be the distance for getting to the main part of town. If walking, be sure to wear good shoes and don’t be shocked by the length of the walk. The good news is, the walk is gorgeous and you will get lovely pictures along the way!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cait R
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We were here for a lunch party recently. These are my comments and not necessarily those of anyone else at the event. I must say that I agree with another comment about disabled parking. Considering the amount of carparking space that the Grasmere has I think that they should be prepared to designate spaces for those with blue badges. On the day that we were there the carpark was not busy but it would still have helped to be able to park near the door. Our event was in the conservatory which has stunning views over the watermeadows to the cathedral. The staff were very helpful and attentive without being obtrusive. The food was good although with only 2 people serving the vegetables did take a while to come out.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank janetgonegardening
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Ok maybe the title is a bit harsh. The website makes it looks so much nicer. Initially a little disappointed on arrival but at the end of the day it was clean if in need of a makeover. Looking at my room it was exactly the same layout a a Premier Inn room, just 60 years in the past. Good location, close to the city centre and plenty of parking and pleasant grounds. The food needed a bit to be desired and would not be my first choice but it did the job.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MustTriharder66
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Just an overnight stay, had a lovely room. Clean and spacious, as was the bathroom. View across water meadow to the cathedral. Breakfast was good too. The room was reasonably priced I would definitely book again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
dalenaug, Manager at Grasmere House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Ann,

Many thanks for your nice words. We are really pleased that you enjoyed stay with us!