This was a very quiet place and i believe i may have been the only guest.
It's a bit tatty but it's cheap and a stones throw from the town.
I was also informed by the locals that Ghandi's is the best curry place in Maidenhead.
- Free Parking
This is by far the WORST place i have ever stayed. It was disgusting, dirty, not maintained. Dangerous plug socket in room. Everything filled with filler foam, pealing paint, rusty radiators, a filthy shower, and they take payment in advance with no staff available in the morning to complain to or recieve a refund!
Nicely welcomed by polite staff who gave me some good tips on how to move around. Room looked ok, but: not all sockets worked, bathroom and carpet could have been cleaner, milk provided for the breakfast was rotten... However, the worst thing was the noise of rats moving around rafters all night long, not really pleasant! No one at reception next day to talk to. Had I known, I would have spent a bit more money and gone somewhere else.
My stay was really enjoyable and I was able to achieve my primary goal - "business and food". I had booked one week and since then i am staying in the very same property from last 4 months.. I found the stay to be really calm and quiet along with bunch of friendly people.
I can say nothing good whatsoever about this place. Walked in and the smell of spice hit me because of the Indian resteraunt which permiates through the entire building. Room was ok, clean enough but the bathroom needs replacing. It has a avocado bathroom suite straight from the 80's with no shower.
The first night wasn't bad as on Mondays I'm always really tired from the travel then working all day so got to sleep easily. Tuesday was kept awake by the heating system which was making a loud buzzing noise which didn't stop until 1 am.
Wednesday night I took some tools back to hotel with me and turned the radiator off which stopped the buzzing. However I was woken at 4 am by the sound of rodents in the wall chewing on the wood etc inside the walls. As I'm writing this I can hear them in the ceiling walking about.
This place is a health hazard and should be shut down.
I generally am not one to leave reviews, but after staying here I had to say something.
The room is a decent size and that's the only good point. The room was freezing cold and the radiators didn't work, the bed was against a 6 inch skirting board and on wheels, so not only did the pillow keep falling down the back but if you sat up against the wall you would also find yourself with the pillow and the bed across the room.
The hotel had no spare pillows throughout the entire building, seriously the pillow was thinner that the pillow covers! we ended up putting towels under the pillows and moving the room around, wedging the bed in with the two bedside cabinets placed at the bottom of the bed against the wall.
Ceiling was covered in damp and cracks, tongue and grove flooring was broken and not fitted correctly, toilet seat broken, bathroom window covered in mold, all this at the great price of 65 quid!
Another worrying observation was that there were 10 double power points in the room, seriously the electrics must be in bits.