“Lovely place”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional English food
Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

My favourite place for breakfast in Windsor / the staff are always so lovely and kind, they were really busy today and the lovely lady always does her best. The food is fab and it’s just a lush little cafe!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (446)

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Friendly cafe offering good, well priced coffees (and also a decent size large coffee) + a great £5 deal for breakfast roll/panini and coffee. Quick service and really nice staff. As it is off the beaten track it is a lot quieter than the high street coffee shops mobbed by tourists.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank GReyMaiden
Reviewed 20 November 2020

We visited in early afternoon and used their takeaway service. The prices seemed very reasonable considering it is in the centre of Windsor.
We ordered two panini’s and chips- the chicken tikka panini was bland and seemed to have basic supermarket filling (more like coronation chicken) but the brie and bacon was lovely. Chips were slightly soggy. Excellent coffee.
Staff were not wearing face masks.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank rp00003
Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

We got in and we’re shown to a very small table. Incredibly loud and my partner & I couldn’t hear each other even from a short distance. Took a long time to be served, even after catching the attention of a waitress twice. Tables that came in after us were served before we were. I suggested we left but the partner was hungry.

Food is incredibly basic. I should think the staff do a Tesco run in the mornings to pick up Hovis sliced bread, & McCain oven chips. My ham, egg & chips consisted of damp ham which came straight from a packet, one slice of bread and some rather sorry looking eggs. I was expecting some properly fried chips but they were 100% oven chips. I should have listened to the reviews.

How hard can it be to serve some decent bread and better quality ingredients?

I’m struggling to understand how this place is so busy when all they serve is the basics.

But if that’s what you like then fair enough.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 18 October 2020

Fantastic cafe, every kind of breakfast you could want to order. Staff where friendly and the cafe was spotless. Everything came out the kitchen quickly.

Date of visit: October 2020