“Lunchtime meal”

Price range: US$47 - US$127
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Lygon Bar & Grill is inspired by The Lygon Arms’ English heritage and Head chef Ales Maurer has created a seasonal British menu that celebrates fantastic local ingredients in a relaxed yet imaginative way. The highest-quality produce is at the heart of all dishes, and has stemmed from friendly and sustainable relationships with Cotswolds suppliers, farmers and artisans to produce a varied a la carte menu.
Reviewed 22 October 2017

The Lygon Arms is a beautiful building in a gorgeous village. We were however a little disappointed with our lunch which was OK but nothing special. My Cheese soufflé starter was peculiar, served in a metal dish with a very sweet sauce around it that was like custard, and a separate dish containing some vegetables - very odd! My fellow diners did enjoy their smoked salmon and octopus. Main courses weren't bad, the fish and chips were lovely but served on a 'trendy' platter which meant the peas ended up in your lap. The burger was a bit dry, and the chicken and mushroom pie had soggy pastry. But the surroundings wee lovely and the waitress was also very nice and friendly.

Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Sue P, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent lunch visit. I truly appreciate your comments and will ensure we share them with chef and his brigade.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal here. Everything was spot on. Attentive service, not rushed. Great wine and lovely food. Will definitely be back again

Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear mazlirocchi, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent dining experience. Thank you for your kind words about both our food quality and service delivery, they are truly appreciated and will be shared with the team.

We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I came back to this historic place in hospitality and beforehand I had my dude's but when I walked in in this historical place and I saw how good they refinished I was amazed. Was really time to get this place back the first league. I had lunch with friends and that was delicious. Highly recommend this place. I had a delicious grilled beef fillet steak, very good value for money exquisite service and the place is just unique. I am coming back soon..

1  Thank Jean Claude A

Dear Jean Claude A, thank you for your lovely words following your visit to see our refurbishment recently. I was delighted to read you were amazed with our transformation and equally pleased to read your kind comments about our food quality and service delivery.

We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

There’s no doubt that the hotel is stunning and I would love to stay here but I went to the Bar and Grill with my boyfriend and his parents for Sunday lunch and was massively disappointed. My boyfriend and I had the chicken pie and it tasted of nothing and had horrible bits of chicken in it. Also ordered the thyme mash and it was gelatinous and again tasted of nothing. We didn’t stay for dessert. Sorry to leave a bad review but please improve your food! Your beautiful, luxurious hotel is let down by the kitchen.

2  Thank hettieward
Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear hettieward, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent dining experience. I was delighted to read you loved the hotel and our new look but was disappointed to read your comments about lunch, please accept my apologies for this. Rest assured your feedback has been shared with our kitchen team and recipes will be revisited.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I recently visited the new Lygon Arms bar for cocktails and loved it! My lovely partner then surprised me with dinner in the new restaurant which was such a treat. The food was delicious, the service attentive but not intrusive and the setting is just perfect. Next on the agenda a weekend break at this beautiful hotel!

Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear jonesyherts, thank you for your lovely words following your recent dining experience. I was delighted to read our cocktails enticed you back to dine with us and look forward to welcoming you as a resident soon.