“Pleasant eatery”
Review of The Tea Set

The Tea Set
Ranked #21 of 39 Restaurants in Broadway
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Description: We are a new kind of tearoom in The Cotswolds and younger sister to The Tea Set, Chipping Norton. We offer freshly prepared, locally sourced dishes which include breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, cake, tea & coffee. We offer gluten and lactose free options and we welcome dogs!
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We called into Broadway one Sunday afternoon late on and went looking for a cafe we had previously used and enjoyed only to find it was now a hairdressers, but on the opposite side of the throughfare, was The Tea Set, so we decided to give it a go. Staff were very pleasant and although I was not particularly hungry, I was told they had a Guinness and chocolate cake, so of course it had to be sampled for other TA readers I have to say it was quite delicious, certainly not a discernible taste of Guinness, but delightful all the same. My wife chose a bacon, Brie and cranberry sandwich and thoroughly enjoyed it. Seating inside and out, papers to read and courteous helpful staff, you can't go far wrong at The Tea Set.

VRWills, Owner at The Tea Set, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 1 August 2017

A really lovely place for lunch. Real leaf tea and very tasty selection of sandwiches, soups, jacket potatoes, and really fab cakes. The staff are really attentive and they're dog friendly too.
We will definitely return.

VRWills, Owner at The Tea Set, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We sat outside in the blissful sunshine and enjoyed a late breakfast - my partner had the Full Monty option and I had poached eggs on toast - with coffee and tea. Loose leaf tea was presented in a pretty china tea pot and tasted delicious. Breakfast was lovely, with my partner particularly appreciating the sausages and eggs. About £20, which is steep for most breakfasts but acceptable for a luxury breakfast in a luxury location. Very pleasant staff.

VRWills, Owner at The Tea Set, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thanks so much for your lovely review! We're so pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Went here for Father's Day. From the minute we arrived we were treated really well. Food was lovely, plenty of tea and also cold water.

VRWills, Owner at The Tea Set, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Thank you for review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit! We hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 14 June 2017

On my first visit to Broadway I wanted to include a snack lunch and didnt know where to chose. This was a few days after the Manchester terror attack and this cafe had a board outside advising that all tips would go to the people who suffered in Manchester. That made me chose them, I love a place with a heart. I only wanted a sandwich and a drink. They didnt state on the menu that they did toasted sandwiches yet when asked they specially toasted the one I chose which gives them points from me. My only criticism is that it was not very busy when I visit yet the waitress was too eager to clear my table before I was finished and this made me feel that I was being rushed.

2  Thank SUZI S
VRWills, Owner at The Tea Set, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you for your review, we're so pleased you chose The Tea Set for your lunch. Many apologies if you felt rushed we just don't like to leave dirty plates in front of customers, but sorry if you felt it rude. We hope to welcome you back again soon