8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$306
PricelineUS$302
Hotels.comUS$306
TravelocityUS$306
Trip.comUS$354
ZenHotels.comUS$307
1,381 results
All reviews wine bar bar and grill oliver cromwell nooks and crannies beautiful hotel courtyard suite afternoon tea steeped in history main restaurant beef wellington spa facilities breakfast and dinner cotswold village steam room from start to finish wedding anniversary whole experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2022 via mobile

Had lunch for 2 in the beautiful court yard . Same food did not match the beautiful surroundings. We had as Asparagus salad and Chicken salad neither was very exciting both lacking in taste . Great shame .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 417lynettew
Rosie Wilkins, Guest Services / Front Office at The Lygon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2022

Good evening 417lynettew,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your lunch. The chicken salad is one of our best sellers and we pride ourselves on using locally sourced, seasonal ingredients such as Evesham Asparagus to ensure the dishes are full of flavour. I will make sure that these comments are shared with the kitchen team.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Courtyard and the beautiful surroundings, we hope to welcome you back at another time.

Kind regards,

Rosie Wilkins
Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2022

Awful Room.
We booked an Annex Classic room for 2 nights. According to the website these are supposed to have "an intimate terrace or they overlook the courtyard". When we arrived the room overlooked the flat roof of the kitchen. We weren't too worried about this initially as we were only staying two nights and planned to be out all of the next day. The room was very hot when we arrived so we opened the windows and went for a walk and drink before going for dinner. However, when we returned to our room after a lovely meal in the Bar and Grill we found the room smelling of cooking from the kitchen and the noise from the kitchen extractor fans was far too loud to sleep. We closed the window but that just made the room too hot.
After not sleeping we decided that we'd had enough and wanted to leave and go home so we checked out by~7:30am. When we explained why the hotel gave perfunctory apologies and offered not to charge us for the second night! (Good job too) and I put it down to experience and that was going to be it.
Then, two days later we then received a parking fine for £100 for staying in the hotel car park! I wrote to the hotel manager explaining about the room, how we left early and how furious I now was. The e-mail response from the General Manager apologised about the parking fine and said to ignore it but made no mention of the general comments about the awful room, etc.
I'm left with the opinion that they don't care at all about their guests and I will be sure now to warn off anyone else who considers staying there. It's a shame as the hotel looks lovely and the food was excellent, but despite booking 2 months before we arrived we were given an awful room and the hotel refuses to even acknowledge that they might have a problem.

2  Thank O2133QLwilliamg
marcus oleary, General Manager at The Lygon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2022

Thank you for your review and apologies for the shortfalls you encountered. I remain available and am happy to follow up with you further if you wish . My direct email is moleary@lygonarmshotel.co.uk.

Sincerely

Marcus.

Reviewed 16 May 2022 via mobile

The Lygon Arms has a marque that is internationally recognized and synonymous with English luxury. The hotel is charming and lives up to its historic name. However, sadly there are some points that are desperately in need of attention. The room was spacious but dark and rather dreary. Attention should be paid to improving the lighting. There was one small closet that was shared with an ironing board, refrigerator, and tea/coffee making. There was no point in the closet to turn on the kettle. The room we booked was a superior room/courtyard annex. The room was described as having a sofa that could be used to sleep an additional adult. There was a small sofa but this was not a convertible. There was no room to accommodate another bed. The furniture was in need of refinishing or replacing. There was insufficient space to put away clothes. Be prepared for a one night stay. In fairness, when we spoke to the duty manager there was a tacit acknowledgement that the hotel was full and there was no alternative room they could offer. To the hotel’s credit, they offered a reduced rate for the hotel room. We had booked the room half board which included breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was disappointing. The cooked items were well presented. The cold items were poor and did not live up to expectation. Simply put, they were uninspiring. The most surprising thing was being told that tomato juice was not part of their offerings and required payment. Dinner was well cooked and nicely presented. The wait staff need some hospitality in-servicing. I suspect that this is the result of the combined effects of Brexit and Covid. The bar was well run and a pleasant place to be. Outside seating was limited but a great place to relax. The spa, pool and gym were top notch. The gardens are lush and tranquil. Summing up, a great get away. Lygon Arms please pay some attention to the smaller detail so your reputation truly precedes you.

Room tip: Should love dogs
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank CGNY1
Rosie Wilkins, Guest Services / Front Office at The Lygon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Dear CGNY1,

Thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay. I would really like to hear from you directly, so that I can look at the room issues you experienced in greater detail. My email address is Rwilkins@lygonarmshotel.co.uk.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Bar, Courtyard, Spa and our Gardens. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and show that we can get it right.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Rosie Wilkins
Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2022 via mobile

Called in for early evening drinks and very disappointed with the staff attitude and service. We have noticed this before and had hoped it had changed. Sadly not.
Had thought about staying for dinner but now would not.
Good service and a friendly welcome cost nothing.
Management please read this and other similar reviews. Some training needed? Smiles are always appreciated.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David E
Darren Connor, Owner at The Lygon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2022

Dear David E

Thank you for taking the time to write your review although I am sorry to read the experience neither met your expectations nor mine. I thank you for the feedback as we know we are better than this and your comments will be acted upon as you are right, a smile and a friendly welcome do not cost anything. I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to show we can and will get this right and please contact me at dconnor@lygonarmshotel.co.uk, to let me know you are coming for a drink so I can not only apologise to you in person, but thank you for giving us some valuable learnings to take from your feedback.

Sincerely

Darren Connor
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2022

We have eaten here before but not for a while and we had a completely different experience this time. Terrible service and average food. Very disappointing all round. Had to wait ages for drink and food. No one seemed to be in charge or know what they were doing. Such a shame as it’s a lovely hotel in a great setting.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Helen S

Dear Helen S

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and to give your candid feedback, although I am sorry your experience neither met your expectations, nor ours and we will address the service issues with the team. We have a summer menu starting next month and should you visit again, we hope you will find this more to your liking and in keeping with previous visits.

Darren Connor