“Great lunch stop with friendly staff near Broadway Tower”
Review of Morris & Brown

Morris & Brown
Ranked #21 of 41 Restaurants in Broadway
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A contemporary style cafe/restaurant and shop offering stunning views alongside Broadway Tower. An ideal place to meet to sit beside the log fire in winter or on the outside terrace when the sun shines. Tasty food - breakfasts, lunches, cream teas, cakes - served throughout the day accompanied by fine teas, coffees or even a glass of wine. Before you leave explore the inspiring collection of gifts in the shop made by some of Britain's innovative and up-and-coming design talent. From handbags to cushions, jewellery to mugs, clothing and cards - you will find something for every occasion.
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We sat outside as we had a our dog with us. The staff could not have been more friendly a distinct contrast to the welcome we received at the Tower. The pies we had were very tasty, mine coming with salad which was very fresh. We also had cream teas which were also delicious. Would definitely return when we are next in the area.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I went to see the tower, parked the car (£2 for 4 hours) and saw the restaurant. Told myself I'd save that for after the hike. The hike was down the hill and through several sheep pastures. It was fun. Anyway, I went into the restaurant and was greeted within 10 seconds. I asked a question about the pies and placed my order. Spinach, Mushroom and Truffle Oil Pie. It was served with fresh coleslaw, a nice tossed salad and a portion of potato salad. I ordered a pot of Green Tea. I took my seat (clean table in a nicely lit and clean dining area...ok, the entire restaurant was very clean). My tea arrived within a minute and the meal arrived within 10. It is a good thing to relax and enjoy both the meal and the atmosphere, in the company of fellow hikers. Also, because the tea and pie were very hot. I began with the various salads. It was an ideal size, because I was full and I did t want to be sleepy the remainder of the afternoon. The price for my meal was £13.40. I'd enjoy eating here on a future visit.

2  Thank David_Aviano
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Stopped off here for lunch, my daughter had beans on toast and asked what the green spots were on her toast - mould!! - worryingly she had already ate the other half. Took it back to the counter and they apologised and bought out another slice of toast but by then her beans were getting cold.
I had a ploughmans, but was disappointed to find that it came with 2 very narrow wedges of ciabatta toast (never had toast with a ploughmans before).
My husband had lasagne that was ok but a bit dry.
The only upside was a very good slice of lardy cake.
Don't think we will be hurrying back.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We visited with our granddaughter before climbing Broadway Tower. The food is quite varied and reasonably priced, and the service is quick and friendly. We chose a table on the upper level which gave a good view of the surrounding countryside.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

My cousin has a shop in Broadway and recommended the Tower restaurant as we were visiting the area.
I ordered the quiche and salad the quiche was excellent but the salad was not good, the mixed leaves were well past their sell by date and were rotten and slimy i informed the waitress who replied by saying she would inform the chef i was not impressed.